New to MEB/PEB process. My Timeline so far...

joyscot13

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Mid Dec ‘17 - Both my PCM and Mental Health provider decided to initiate an MEB for Sleep Apnea/Asthma/PTSD after over a year of treatment for mental health and 2 years for sleep apnea and asthma
07 Jan 18 - Code 37 initiated
21 Mar 18 - NARSM sent to MEB office
23 Mar 18 - Commander Impact Statement sent to MEB office
26 Mar 18 - AFPC received IRILO paperwork
13 Apr 18 - Phone interview with AFPC for the mental health stuff
26 Apr 18 - Notified from PEBLO that I’ll be going through full PEB
01 May 18 - Initial PEBLO brief

There is a very small chance you will get sleep apnea rated by DoD as unfitting.

Apnea will be added to your VA rating for post-service compensation.

There is a very small chance you will get sleep apnea rated by DoD as unfitting.

Apnea will be added later at post-separation.

My sleep apnea wasn’t able to be resolved with the cpap and in turn, causes other issues. so the way my doctor and pulmonologist made it sound like it will be an unfitting condition. I guess it’s up to the MEB gods to decide though lol

Mid Dec ‘17 - Both my PCM and Mental Health provider decided to initiate an MEB for Sleep Apnea/Asthma/PTSD after over a year of treatment for mental health and 2 years for sleep apnea and asthma
01 May 18 - Initial PEBLO brief and met with MSC
02 May 18 - Submitted VA claims (25 separate claims)
03 May 18 - Recieved appointment times for C & P exams scheduled in late May

01 May 18 - Initial PEBLO brief and met with MSC
02 May 18 - Submitted VA claims (25 separate claims)
03 May 18 - Recieved appointment times for C & P exams scheduled in late May
21 May 18 - 6 Jun 18 - C & P Exams
11 Jun 18 - Received copies of VA exams
15 Jun 18 - Signed AF618 and submitted to IPEB

you have a very similar timeline to mine. I finished up my last C&P exam this morning. I hope I get the VA copies back by next week, but the timelines seem to be all over the place.

I hope that you have a smooth transition out of the Air Force and get what you want out of this med board. Hopefully for me, I should know something in the next few weeks!

Got the notification from my PEBLO that I am unfit for duty and my package was sent to the VA for ratings...

I have a shit memory but I have been talked to about an MEB since the end of 2016. Code 37 didn't start until Sept of 17. Commander impact was December, C&P apps in Feb of 18. I had some issues with my Narsums and having them gathered because it was mental health and my PCM. I did an IMR for my mental health stuff and got some good feedback. Today I just signed my 618 to send to AFPC. Seems like a lifetime. Oh and it's for OSA and anxiety. I've been non compliant for two years because of insomnia,not being able to wear the mask, 5 different meds,,, etc etc

When I have the time I will be posting a timeline I just have to double check dates and whatnot.

Yea I got diognosed with OSA and Asthma back in 2016 and my PCM talked about an MEB since the CPAP was not working out for me. I had to do a ton of mental health Therapy and be on all kinds of sleep aid meds to try and resolve this but nothing is working. After 2 years of that my PCM and mental health finally decided to do a MEB on me. I still have shit sleep, can’t breath, etc etc. but the process seems to be coming to an end soon so I’m glad about that...

And benzos was a bad move for doctors to put me on because I ended up getting addicted to them which caused more problems...

Got the notification from my PEBLO that I am unfit for duty and my package was sent to the VA for ratings...

Hey! I’ve the same timeline as you regarding ipeb- what step does the ebenefits put your claim investigation at?

I’m not sure. Mine has been at pending decision approval for almost 2 months...

I’m not sure. Mine has been at pending decision approval for almost 2 months...
Any update on your case? I called Providence last week. They have my stuff, but no decision yet.

I got a call from the Providence office today saying I’m still in the line waiting to get my ratings done. He said there was 23 cases ahead of mine and said it should be done by the end of next week...