New unfitting condition not yet rated from VA, VARR possible?

Camp P Marine

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
At the FPEB they found another condition to be unfitting. This condition was not yet rated by the VA due to the lack of information (incompetent C&P Dr.) during IPEB. I had another set of DBQs filled out to get them the information needed submitted via a VARR, for the original unfitting condition.

When the new unfitting condition is rated, will I be able to ask for a VARR for that condition, since I haven't had the opportunity to do so before?

Without more details about the condition they found it is difficult to say. You can always VARR that condition as long as you have uploaded the DBQ to EBenefits so the VBA raters can see it.

It's a neurological condition starting in one limb and spreading to the other.

It's a neurological condition starting in one limb and spreading to the other.

That sounds scary. Sounds eerily like ALS. I was once told by a COL Neurologist that I had ALS. I was told by this 06 AF chief of neurology at WPAFB "you'll be in a wheelchair in 2 years and dead in 5 years" that was 4 years ago... thank God he was wrong!!!

What is the name of the neurological condition you speak of? We here on this board are not trying to pry, but we can't do much to help you with such little information.

Last edited:
I may be incorrect in your situation but typically when the FPEB adds a condition (unfitting), they send it back to the VA to get rated.

The only way you would need to do a VARR on that condition is if the rating comes back lower than the medial evidence supports.

Ultimately the answer is yes to being able to request a VARR on the new unfitting condition if necessary.

I may be incorrect in your situation but typically when the FPEB adds a condition (unfitting), they send it back to the VA to get rated.

The only way you would need to do a VARR on that condition is if the rating comes back lower than the medial evidence supports.

Ultimately the answer is yes to being able to request a VARR on the new unfitting condition if necessary.
Thank you @gsfowler, I'm curious if this will be an option if necessary.