script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js">

NG LODs, Med Board, and VA

Busyarmymom

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I cannot tell each and every one of you how important your LODs are to your future. Each and every word listed on that LOD is so very important. Don't be scared. Get an LOD if you are hurt, and spell out exactly what happened.

I had an LOD from 2008 that I turned in, and I knew I would be covered. But, it is now 2014, and one statement in that LOD will help me forever and forever.

Situation -- Unit was preparing for MOB, and I was hurt during Hand-to-hand combat.

I am being med-boarded for an entirely different reason, but those injuries in 2007 are now listed as UNFITTING, and are being added a Combat Related Activities due to the rule of HAND2HAND combat being listed as a combat related activity that civilians do not do.

Now, please don't understand, it is not COMBAT Injury. That is something different. But, there is a whole section on "Combat related activities" that I did not even know about.

When I had my injury in 2007, my unit was being a pain about filling out the paperwork for the LOD. I had so many issues with my COC with that LOD and the follow up medical care. But, I fought for it, not knowing my fight back then would help me very much when I was injured in IRAQ. ALSO, the funny part about it, my injury in IRAQ is NOT considered Combat Related because at the very moment of my injury, I was not involved in a combat related activity (3 hours before the injury, but not at the moment of the injury), but the Hand 2 Hand combat is.

YES, it is screwed up but, keep good notes, and ask for help from trusted sources. PLUS, fight, fight, fight.

It is amazing the things that are "missed" by the professionals.

Warrior644

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
...YES, it is screwed up but, keep good notes, and ask for help from trusted sources. PLUS, fight, fight, fight.

It is amazing the things that are "missed" by the professionals.

Indeed, albeit it's more like it is amazing the things that are "intentionally missed" by the professional from my bad experiences with them unfortunately! :(

Nonetheless, I agree, never default acceptance to intentional injustice is my stance; fight then continue to fight some more until expectations are achieved with favorable results for sure! :)

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!

Busyarmymom

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Indeed, albeit it's more like it is amazing the things that are "intentionally missed" by the professional from my bad experiences with them unfortunately! :(

Nonetheless, I agree, never default acceptance to intentional injustice is my stance; fight then continue to fight some more until expectations are achieved with favorable results for sure! :)

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!

I agree. So many "mistakes" -- Sometimes I wonder who is really supposed to be helping us. :-(

Warrior644

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
I agree. So many "mistakes" -- Sometimes I wonder who is really supposed to be helping us. :-(

Indeed, hopefully all works out favorably at the end of the day for us all!

Best Wishes!