NG Title 32 ADOS with LOD's but not being kept on orders

Old Top

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Looking for guidance from those who may have experienced similar things. BLUF: I'm 23 years in, with about 12 years AFS. Have been on ADOS Title 32 502f orders since January 2010. I have incurred new injuries and aggravated old ones while on ADOS, and have 3 approved LOD's, with 2 more pending. My state's form 1071 (Statement of Medical Condition and Treatment Plan) has been completed and according to my physician restricts me from riding in a military vehicle, wearing helmet and body armor, and other field issues. As such I've been referred to the State Surgeon to begin a MEB. As I am aware, because these issues arose while I've been on active duty (ADOS), they are required to keep me on active duty until I'm either "fixed" and RTD, or I'm processed through IDES and retired. DODI 1241.01 is very clear on the issue, as is NGB PPOM 13-020 (15). NGB has agreed to extend my orders until 31 October in order to complete any outstanding LOD's, and then I will be returned to M-Day status and not retained on active duty to complete the MEB and PEB/IDES process.

I'm being told ADME orders are only available if I have a "complex medical condition requiring extensive care, ie; medical appointments weekly". And, if I choose ADME orders, I will have to essentially PCS myself to Ft. Carson's WTU and will not be allowed to continue medical treatment in my home state. I've filed an IG, but not sure if my state IG will be sufficient, or if I need to elevate.

Any input or advice is greatly appreciated.

Guardguy11

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I would really like to hear how this process ended up for you. I tried fighting the DODI battle with my Air Force MEDCON people and it was a losing battle. I don't know about the Army, but the Air Force apparently doesn't have a mechanism to keep people on orders to comply with the DODI. MEDCON is only to get you fixed up and back to duty / civilian employment. Once it becomes apparent that's not going to happen, you fall into the grey area and get abandoned.

Hopefully your IG was able to help you.

Old Top

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I was able to find a great asset through the active Army's Warrior Transition folks. They put me in contact with the right person who was able to bird dog things for me. When it comes right down to it, it's federal law that they keep you on. It's up to THEM to figure out how that happens.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">