NGB fit or unfit decision point

Guardguy11

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hello! New to the forum and hoping some of you with more information on the NGB process can give me a better timeline than my medical POC at my unit which is clueless.

- How long, on average, does it take NGB DN2DP to come back with a fit or unfit decision? The Pre-IDES pamphlet says 1-3 weeks but I am pretty sure that is for active duty and not Guard.... because nothing in the guard moves that fast

- Does anyone have any idea what logic NGB uses for fit or unfit? I am trying to separate myth from fact and some of the things I have heard is alarming. Such as if you are within 2 years of retirement, they are more likely to just say FIT and give you an ALC 3 code so the guard doesn't have to pay you benefits early regardless of your health status. This seems really shady so I was hoping someone knew what AFI / Dodi they use. It has to be some objective line in the sand... at least I would think.

Thanks for the help!

Brad

Padgettra

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hello! New to the forum and hoping some of you with more information on the NGB process can give me a better timeline than my medical POC at my unit which is clueless.

- How long, on average, does it take NGB DN2DP to come back with a fit or unfit decision? The Pre-IDES pamphlet says 1-3 weeks but I am pretty sure that is for active duty and not Guard.... because nothing in the guard moves that fast

- Does anyone have any idea what logic NGB uses for fit or unfit? I am trying to separate myth from fact and some of the things I have heard is alarming. Such as if you are within 2 years of retirement, they are more likely to just say FIT and give you an ALC 3 code so the guard doesn't have to pay you benefits early regardless of your health status. This seems really shady so I was hoping someone knew what AFI / Dodi they use. It has to be some objective line in the sand... at least I would think.

Thanks for the help!

Brad
I have been through the process and I still do not know what the NGB role truly is in the process. My case had a data point in July 2015 and I did not get the official LOD signal until May 2018. Every case is different so take is a information. Best of luck. Ron P

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">