NO C&P Exam scheduled for PTSD/Depression/Anxiety?

ramvet

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hey guys wondering if anyone can provide some information. I put in a claim mid-July of this year for PTSD/Depression/Anxiety , hearing loss, and tinnitus. I did my C/P exam for tinnitus a week later. It is almost September , I called to check on the status of my claim and one of the representatives from the VA told me that I will not be doing a C/P exam for the rest of my claim and that I should be getting a letter from the VA next week regarding my rating. Just wondering if this is normal? I did provide them with all my doctors notes, which totaled nearly 100 pages over 11 visits and 3 medical opinions from doctors verifying my conditions.

Did any of the medical notes include a DBQ (VA form)?

Your MH claim may have been fully developed.

A fully developed claim is a good thing, but to properly help you I think we need to know a little more about your situation.

- Are you going through the IDES process?
- Are you already recieving VA benefits?
- Does your military service record have anything in it that would provide the VA with evidence for a MH service connection?

Yes I utilized the IDES process. Im still utilizing the GI Bill. And I deployed for 10 months in a combat zone.

Do you military medical records support any indications of MH issues so you can get it service connected? If you do, I would attach that with your civilian doctor paperwork and file a claim for MH alone.

You could have 1000 pages of civilian doctor stuff, but if are already retired/separated you will need to establish that this condition is service connected before the VA will touch it.

So you are already out?

If so, it that good for my disability claim?
A fully developed claim and a C&P exam theoretically results in the same percentage/dollars.