No input from Commander

So my NARSUM was very well written and detailed. As a flyer I was already permanently DNIF. Was told I-RILO was kicked back because I hadn't signed the commander impact statement. When I saw it was was mostly blank and basically just stated he was unaware of things and to retain. I haven't talked with or been in contact with him in over a year. Don't even work in the same location. He did state that he agreed with my PCM after talking with them. Any input on how this will affect me? NARSUM clearly states I can't do my job,deployments or PT test without waiver.

The commanders statement appear uninformative. I suspect the board will take it that way and give it little credibility.

The commanders statement appear uninformative. I suspect the board will take it that way and give it little credibility.

I second this. Of course your commander has no idea what's going on, mine didn't either. A statement from this individual is null and void.

What matters? Statements from people you work with, your immediate supervisors, family, close friends detailing how your day to day life is impacted.

I second this. Of course your commander has no idea what's going on, mine didn't either. A statement from this individual is null and void.

What matters? Statements from people you work with, your immediate supervisors, family, close friends detailing how your day to day life is impacted.
When are those allowed. I wasn't even told about my commanders impact statement. He signed it Feb 11th and the Peblo sent me a email saying I-RILO was returned because I didn't sign it. Was never even told about it or that it had been summited. If the I-RILO returns fit will I have a chance to appeal that?

Your signature must be on the NARSUM. You even get to make your own statement on it. My Commander (who knows me very well due to the position I work) put a recommendation of retain merely because he likes me and doesnt want me to go. I put the opposite in my statement because of my condition and its unpredictability. They (AFPC) still directed a full MEB. The medical standards always overrule commanders statements. Because of that I really dont know why they even require them; my guess is it's a way for command to have visibility on whats going on with their people.

Not unlike a performance evaluation, your input on an impact letter could be seen as extremely helpful to a commander with little to no interaction with you. On my I-RILO, I filled out almost ALL of the letter and gave it to my CC for his signature. It sped the process and ensured the verbiage I wanted was in the letter. Flew through in just a few days.