Non duty evaluation system

Drgirlfriend

Registered Member
Hello everyone I am seeking advice. I am currently in the CAANG, 6 yrs active, 10 yrs guard and facing a medical separation for PTSD 70 % Va rated and Schizophrenic disorder. The Va states the disability is service connected and began while I was in the active duty AF. When I recieved my rating in September I informed my MDG hoping to begin the MEB process and seek a full medical retirement (tricare). However the ANG sent me a generic Non duty evaluation system form. The MDG said that since I never had a LOD or reported any conditions in fear of getting booted, while in the guard my process is considered non duty related. There are only two options on the paper. Opt for the non duty evaluation system only to determine fitness with no rating or option 2 which is voluntary separate from the guard. Do i have to sign this paper. I have a profile 469 that states I have a condition which disqualified me from retention anyway. Is there a differences between non duty related and duty related system. I am not interested in any payments just the tricare. Also if my records are sent through the DES process could they reclass me into the regular DES process because PTSD is a condition that gets worse over time and is obviously service connected. Thanks in advance.

gsfowler

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
There is a 3rd option, make them do a LOD investigation and submit you for a MEB.

Drgirlfriend

Registered Member
Thanks for the reply. The DES process does not involve a Meb? Also what is the procedure for initiating a LOD investigation. I am not familiar with the statement of selection so I am worried if I refuse to concur with it can they begin the discharge process

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">