November Air force IPEB Packages

You said in the previous post you had 12.91 years of active duty and 25 years of ANG time. ANG guard time on inactive duty is counted. Each point equals one day. In the reserves we can go online and look at our points total anytime. It will show active duty points + inactive duty points=? My active duty points=6840 + 1160 inactive duty points=8000. This would qualify me for permanent retirement even with a 0% rating. What is your point total including active duty + inactive duty & membership points (15 points/year)? You have to have that information.

My results are in. My packages was sent to Randolph on 30 October. The AF Form 356 is dated 15 March and I just received the results today (22 March). They gave me a 10% disability for my right shoulder and marked "permanent retirement". I am very confused and concerned. I thought a permanent retirement was only given if the disability was 30% or more. I only have 12.91 years of active duty (I have 25 years total if ANG time is included). If I sign this paper saying I agree with the findings and then they say they made a mistake and it is actually a severance will I still have a chance to appeal? The "recommended disposition" in block 12 does say "Permanent Retirement", but it seems to good to be true with only a 10% finding.

First off, Congrats!! Second, I find this VERY comforting, seeing I'm being MEB'd for a shoulder injury as well. I pray they come back with permanent Retirement. You have more total time than me, but I too have almost 13 years active duty time. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Enjoy the afterlife!

My husband's package was sent to TX on 27 Dec. The PEBLO spoke to them two weeks ago. They told her that there had been an administrative on their end and that they had resolved it. (they didn't clarify what the administrative error had been) They said the board was reviewing it now.
We're not really sure how much stock to put into that. :/

My husband's package was sent to TX on 27 Dec. The PEBLO spoke to them two weeks ago. They told her that there had been an administrative on their end and that they had resolved it. (they didn't clarify what the administrative error had been) They said the board was reviewing it now.
We're not really sure how much stock to put into that. :/

Are you saying that you husbands package was sent to AFPC/IPEB on 27 Dec 09 and is currenty being reviewed by the IPEB board?

Are you saying that you husbands package was sent to AFPC/IPEB on 27 Dec 09 and is currenty being reviewed by the IPEB board?

That would be wonderful! THat would be right around 12 weeks!!!

This makes me very curious, seeing mine was received the 24th of December...

That would be wonderful! THat would be right around 12 weeks!!!

This makes me very curious, seeing mine was received the 24th of December...

That would be wonderful. I am very curious to see how these November & December IPEB results play out. The reason I started this thread is to determine if there is any trend to the results time-line. I have thought that the results time-line could vary depending on the severity/complexity of the case and/or if the case is being reviewed for multiple ailments. I even wondered if the packages are being reviewed in the order received. In this thread alone, we have seen a few November results come back prior to other October results. Infact, there are still a couple October results we have not seen back yet. We have a few packages that were received @ AFPC/IPEB mid November. I hope they get their results very soon because according to the current trend/time-line, they are DUE! It would be very interesting if we began seeing December packages receiving results already. I hope we do! If the post was read correct and he husbands package was sent on 27Dec09 and is "currently being reviewed by the IPEB board" then i suspect the package is more than likely not close to being done. After the IPEB review there must be a few other steps to include the quality assurance process & adjudication that holds the package up. Perhaps the board review is only half the process effecting the time-line. I encourage everyone to post their time-line in the appropriate thread so we can keep track. This is definitely helping me and hopefully it is helping others.

VA Jumper, My points calculated at 1 point per day for my 12.91 years of active plus 15 points for each guard year equals 4893 which isn't even close to qualifying me for a permanent retirement for a 10% disability. Where do I go online to find my points? I already agreed with the findings. My form says "permanent retirement". I'm not going to be happy if they say oops and give me a severance instead. This is pretty scary.

Pray for the best, but expect the worst. With that few points, you should be getting a severance check and not full retirement. Keep us up to date about what happens. I'm not guard but in the reserve you can find your points in vMPF. I think everyone in the Air Force is supposed to have a vMPF account. Hopefully Jason can shed some light on your dilemma.

Just got an email saying that my results are in!!! Of course, my peblo is unavailable to setup a time to meet so I might just show up.

Just got an email saying that my results are in!!! Of course, my peblo is unavailable to setup a time to meet so I might just show up.

That's good to hear that your results are in. My package was sent out around the same time as yours. So maybe I will hear something shortly. Sorry to hear your PEBLO is unavailable but, I just got off the phone with my PEBLO finally after trying for 3 months. He informed me that I probably won't hear anything until some time in April and he has no idea where my package is right now.

Bmb,
That is crap! They should be talking to your AFPC case officer weekly (atleast that's what my peblo said she did for everyone with a pending case).

Congrats Dubber25, That gives alot of us relief to knowing it "might" not be too much longer.

bmb,

I talked to my PEBLO today and she said I should hear something anyday. Again, we're all at the mercy of others, but I would hope April is not the answer.

Congrats! Hope your results are what you were looking for. Seems like your PEBLO was pretty accurate with the e-mail that was sent a few weeks ago, now if i can only hear from mine. Well, guess mid- April isn't too far off.

The only thing I find bizarre is that my medical codes assigned to me expired yesterday and I received the email yesterday at 1730L (I was out of the office by then)

CONGRATZ DUBBER25!!! I updated the 1st post to reflect your status. That's what's up!!! It's about time we get some Novenber results!

Right on time. Good luck and let us know as soon as you find out the outcome!

So hoping two more days for me???? CONGRATS BRO!!!

BTW dumb question: how does AFPC send off the findings? Do they send it by snail mail or by FED-EX?

I'm just curious....