Okinawa Marine PEB, PCS orders questions?

trpadilla

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
-Anyone have any idea how long I will have to PCS my family and I to San Diego once I receive my orders?
-Will I be attached to a working Marine unit, or will I be sent to the Wounded Warrior Battalion?
-Will my family and I be moved into base housing or sent out in town just like a regular PCSing family during my PEB process?
-How can I get a jump start on my kids school enrollment and family housing?
Any help would be great.

I was PCS'd from Sasebo and got my orders feb 1st with a report date of feb 15th. The detailer gave me a heads up ahead of time of where I was going so I was able to look into housing and schools. You need to get a jump on things yourself. Let the school in Japan know you will be leaving short notice. I sold my car as soon as orders came in. As far as where you will live, it should be treated like a pcs. If you choose base housing, if its available, start talking to them now. You should be able to fill out an application. Or you may decide to live in town. Your orders will tell you if you are going to a wtu or another command, or email the detailer and ask. I didn't get any help from this side during my move so it was pretty hard. Household goods will also suck. They won't do your pack out until you get your orders, so expect to be stateside for about 2 1/2 to 3 months without your stuff. They do not do loaner furniture stateside either so it's rough with a family. I just got my household goods 2 weeks ago. You will be authorized only 1 day in the hotel Japan side (TLA), and up to 5 or 10 days stateside(TLE). It's in your best interest to get ahold of whatever command they are transferring you to as soon as you find out and ask them for as much help as possible.

What the Crap!?!?! DMO is making appointments 3 weeks out. I can't believe all the crap I have to prepare that I need orders for or need until I leave. Thanks for the heads up.

Housing is telling me that I cannot get a on base house with my EAS. Anyone else run into this problem?