Okinawa Navy Timeline

Joecool

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
My Overseas IDES request was warranted!!! Now i wait for PCS orders.

Current timeline is in the the Signature.

This waiting time is driving me nuts. waiting for my orders. alot of what is driving me crazy is that PSD just told me that i have to PSC off island the same month that my orders come in. anyone have a clue if this is true? that would be rediculous if i had to try and get my family and myself off this rock in a week and a half.

I had to PCS from Sasebo. They PCSd me and my family just for my LIMDU. But I imagine its the same. They requested my orders at the beginning of Dec 2012, and we waited and waited until my orders finally came in Feb 1st 2013 with a report NLT Feb 14th. I had to clear housing, set up my household goods pickup and shipment, clear base all in about 10 days. Don't forget Japan is almost a day ahead so you lose a day right there. And, trust me, it's a pain once you arrive in the US, we are still waiting on our household goods.

I had to PCS from Sasebo. They PCSd me and my family just for my LIMDU. But I imagine its the same. They requested my orders at the beginning of Dec 2012, and we waited and waited until my orders finally came in Feb 1st 2013 with a report NLT Feb 14th. I had to clear housing, set up my household goods pickup and shipment, clear base all in about 10 days. Don't forget Japan is almost a day ahead so you lose a day right there. And, trust me, it's a pain once you arrive in the US, we are still waiting on our household goods.

when you got back stateside how many days did you have before reporting... and are they allowing you to take leave once you checked in?

I checked in the next day since I had such a small amount of time to report. You still have to go by the report no later than date. I didn't get any leave. I'm LIMDU though and transferred here for treatment so you might be a little different. Either way it will be outlined in your orders, but I doubt they will allow for leave right away or during your orders execution.

thats what i was afraid of. i am already making other arragements. im not too worried about the HHG because my wife and kids are planing on going back to my Home of record and im going to hangout by myself in san diego. is that where they sent you (San Diego)?

so for an update:
Recieved an email Notification of confirmation that i will be PCSing to San diego: 30 April 2013
Still awaiting PCS orders stateside.

99.9% of people sent from Japan go to San Diego. I was sent to Walter Reed Bethesda. Not exactly sure how it all worked out like that. Maybe due to my specific injuries and my family situation with my wife being pregnant and her family being on the east coast. San Diego is nice though. They have a good hospital.

So how many days were you given to PCS from Okinawa to San Diego?

Zomglawlz... im sure they sent you out to bethesda because of the new brain trauma center they have there. i was stationed out there 2006- 2009.

trpadilla... i dont have orders yet but my concensous from this sight is that one could recieve anywhere from 6 - 14 days notice to get you your new duty station. i know someone that had 6 days and Zomglawlz had 14 days notice.

Zomglawlz... im sure they sent you out to bethesda because of the new brain trauma center they have there. i was stationed out there 2006- 2009.

Maybe that's why. If so, sheesh. Still trying to figure out what the DVBIC does. My PCM a the Warrior clinic seems to do more for me. Oh well.

Just an FYI. Once they submitted my orders request it was about 6 weeks before I got my orders. But that was over the holidays so I'm sure that caused some delay.

Just an FYI. Once they submitted my orders request it was about 6 weeks before I got my orders. But that was over the holidays so I'm sure that caused some delay.

Today is day 56 of waiting on orders from when my request went from PSD to Pers... according to the IDES Warrented letter i have 90 days from the day of signing it to recieve my orders. That would mean that the latest possible date i could recieve the would be June 10, 2013.

Starting to get really frusterated with the fact i still dont have orders to go to San Diego... Tomorrow is day 70 of 90. dont know what to do to possibly speed this up.

Nothing you can do. Just have as much ready to go as you can without the orders.

Have you tried calling the person cutting the orders?

thats part of the problem idk who is cutting the orders. ive had ppl contact my rate detailer and they said its not them doing it.

There is a PSCS that does all the orders I believe. You should be able to go to your PSD and they should have someone there that can send out a request for status. I know there was a Japanese civilian at my PSD that checked.

PS. Check your inbox. Sending you some contact emails for PERS on the LIMDU side that if you ask nicely, they might be able to give you the point of contact that does the IDES orders.

I asked my CPC to contact those personnel. thanks chief for the info.

Hopefully they can get you pointed in the right direction.

i hope so im getting ultra stressed for really no reason. i keep trying to look on the bright side. it is just hard to do when your in constant pain and your command doesnt understand your situation.