Options that I hope are options

Grey_Man

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hi all,
I am currently an E-4 11B in the Oregon ARNG. I'll try to keep this short and sweet. I have been having chronic lower back pain for appx 3 or so yrs now since basic. I have filled out LODs and have been on multiple temp profiles. I've had X-rays show a decrease of spinal curvature and negative MRIs. I've sent up basically all that I can send up to medical with the exception of a concrete diagnosis which I am really trying to speed up (civilian MD's). I was told that I would need a diagnosis to further my efforts, which right now is easier said than done with my civilian providers. Once I get a concrete diagnosis, I will try to push for a MEB/PEB. This process has already taken about 4 months to submit everything and make my wishes known. What my question is, should I push for a MEB or a Chapter 15-7 with regards to discharge status and benefits? I'm so fed up with the NG's runaround bull****. I'm tired of being thought of as a slacker riding the system by my COC and other soldiers. It's honestly enhanced my anxiety to the point that whenever I think about drill or contacting anyone related, I mentally shut down and I can feel myself falling into depression about this whole ordeal. Can I get an honorable discharge and benefits through 5-17? I'm just trying to see what my options are regarding this and any insight or information from anyone would be greatly appreciated. I just don't know what the best option is (if I have any) to get this done and over with somewhat quickly while not screwing up what I want as a civilian career. Thanks again

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
As point out above, you don't have to wait for an MEB. You can file a claim online today. Also it sound like you are having depression. Seek treatment. That may help you see the rest of your situation in a way that better benefits you.

Best wishes.

Grey_Man

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
As point out above, you don't have to wait for an MEB. You can file a claim online today. Also it sound like you are having depression. Seek treatment. That may help you see the rest of your situation in a way that better benefits you.

Best wishes.
Thanks for the reply. I will definitely look into filing a claim with the VA. I'm going to get some help soon with the anxiety and depression. I'm just hoping it will help. I've honestly never gone to any type of therapy because I couldn't bring myself to admit I have some issues but I think now is about the time I go.

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Thanks for the reply. I will definitely look into filing a claim with the VA. I'm going to get some help soon with the anxiety and depression. I'm just hoping it will help. I've honestly never gone to any type of therapy because I couldn't bring myself to admit I have some issues but I think now is about the time I go.
I congratulate your on recognizing your issue. There are very effective therapies available.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">