Order of Events Question - Air Force

DanielleGibson

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I thought I had a grasp on the order of events but now I'm getting confused. I finished my C&P exams with QTC last week and I confirmed that the results had been submitted and will be sent to the VA and my MSC/PEBLO by Monday. My understanding was that once they are received, I sign my 618, and the case is sent for the IPEB. Then the IPEB makes a fit or unfit decision. I thought I was notified of the fit/unfit decision but now I'm being told I will only be notified if I'm found fit and if I'm found unfit, I won't be notified until the VA has come up with their proposed ratings which will obviously take 6+ weeks. Can someone help clear this up for me?

Kbert84

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
That is correct. However, the fit/unfit decision is usually made within about 2 weeks, many times even sooner. If you call your PEBLO they may tell you the IPEB decision prior to the VA ratings (if needed). I haven't officially received the findings but I did ask and they told me they found unfit for my case.

afangel2005

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Just to add... once the results are received by PEBLO, your package will then meet the MEB, and you'll sign your 618 after that (And receive results of C&P and review NARSUM, and elect IMR if you so choose). At my base MEBs are held every week.

My PEBLO told me basically the same thing, that I wouldn't find out anything until the VA had finished the ratings. She told me that I could call her 30 days after the package was submitted, and she might be able to provide me with details such as fit/unfit determination. She acted like she was doing me a favor by offering this and it wasn't something really allowed. I just don't understand why there's all this secrecy, they should let us know as soon as they know.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">