P2 Profile: Grounds for MEB?

tinman

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Well i just came back from my follow up with my provider. My methacholine challenge came back positive for Asthma and now i am on Fluticasone (Oral Steroid) as well as my Albuterol.

My physician is in the process of typing up my P2 profile. He said that according to AR 40-501 only P3 profiles go to the MEB for evaluation. But also said once he sends the profile to Madigan Army Hospital there is a "chance" that it will get into the hands of the MEB. Is this correct?

I am also seeing a psychologist for anxiety, PTSD as well as depression. Now if my profile does indeed get into the hands of the MEB will all my info from my Psychologist be provided and what may be the possible outcome? I'm all for my medical records going to the MEB but i like to NOT be blindsided by everything that may come my way.

Does anyone have expierences with any of these issues?

Any help is greatly apriciated.

Ty

I beleive that any profile that lasts longer than 179 days, will trigger one.

A P2 will not trigger an MEB. Now depending on how bad your asthma is, there is a possibility that the hospital might upgrade the profile. If that is the case, then yes all your medical conditions should be annotated prior to going to an IPEB. Only those conditions not meeting retention standards will be rated.

It is kind of a circular argument, at times. A condition serious enough to warrant a MEB/PEB should be at least a P3 in most instances. However, I have seen several cases where the condition is serious, impacts duty performance, but the PEB says something like, well, it's only a P2, therefore we won't rate it. I think that this is wrong when the evidence shows that despite the profile, the condition is unfitting.

Right. And that would honestly just be a case of Doc being a jack a**. If symptoms are signifigant and it meets the AR requirements for a MEB. A P3 should be issued witout hesitation. I hope i dont go through that considering i feel i have a good relationship with my provider. But that would be awful none the less.

Well i received my P-3 last tuesday. I wasn't given a written profile to show my Chain of command, so i asked what would happen next. The doctor just said, the hospital will be contacting you within a month to start the process. Is this accurate? I'm a bit loss in the sauce.

Hey. I was just diagnosed with asthma after 6 years of being in the army. Three duty stations, two deployments, and countless visits to sickcall for "Bronchitis", I was finally referred to a Pulmonologist and I took a methocoline challenge and dropped about -24 to -29 on the third dose. I think the FEV1 started at 82 and then dropped about 26 in that area. I have been struggling with it for about 5 years, failing PT test and falling out of NCO runs feeling like a turd. SO, after all that time I get diagnosed with asthma. I know the Regulations in the AR for MEB but in your experience, how hard is it to get a P3 and MEB after being officially diagnosed? I've been reporting symptoms for years already. They throw an inhaler at me, I use it, it runs out, I still suck at running, then get sick, go back to sick call, get another inhaler, ETC ETC. Will that count as my "6 to 12 months"? Also, how bad was your asthma to get a P3?

Hi. When i finally got diagnosed with Asthma they put me on tons of meds. I went through countless amounts of medication until they found something that made it "stable". I kept asking about the MEB and talked to my PCM telling him that the medication wasnt working and i wasnt getting better. They finally put me on a P3 and submitted my stuff to the MEB after about 2 months of going in and bugging them.

I'm not entirely sure if was the severity of the asthma or how often i went to see my PCM and how much medication they were using on me. Like i said, i went in one morning and said doc, this just isnt working out. You keep putting me on medication that doesnt work and barely controls my attacks. He said ok, i'll submit you to the MEB.

Hey. I was just diagnosed with asthma after 6 years of being in the army. Three duty stations, two deployments, and countless visits to sickcall for "Bronchitis", I was finally referred to a Pulmonologist and I took a methocoline challenge and dropped about -24 to -29 on the third dose. I think the FEV1 started at 82 and then dropped about 26 in that area. I have been struggling with it for about 5 years, failing PT test and falling out of NCO runs feeling like a turd. SO, after all that time I get diagnosed with asthma. I know the Regulations in the AR for MEB but in your experience, how hard is it to get a P3 and MEB after being officially diagnosed? I've been reporting symptoms for years already. They throw an inhaler at me, I use it, it runs out, I still suck at running, then get sick, go back to sick call, get another inhaler, ETC ETC. Will that count as my "6 to 12 months"? Also, how bad was your asthma to get a P3?

OH ok. I am going to see my the Army PA tomorrow. I went to pick up my dictation or diagnosis if you will, but they didn't print it out in time. Oh well, I have to see the PA with my word and the MEDs to prove it until the civ. MD can print out my papers in the next few days. We'll see what happens. Thanks.