Panic Attacks w/ Agoraphobia Being Changed to PTSD w/ Major Depressive Disorder

ReconMcKinney

Registered Member
Hello, everyone. I apologize if I am not posting this where it needs to go.

I was medically discharged in 2013 w/ a rating of 60%. 10% for my knee and 50% for Panic Attacks w/ Agoraphobia.

2/18/19 I had to be evaluated again through the VA. The C&P examiner informed me that she was changing my diagnosis and that she didn't "give a shit" if the VA didn't like it. Her words not mine.

My diagnosis is now PTSD w/ Major Depressive Disorder. Obviously I don't know what she is writting down. But this is the first time I have been asked about traumatic events. Maybe I just never wanted to discuss it but this time it was brought up that I had lost 2 guys in my platoon, another close friend lost his legs, my team leader lost his eye and a local ANP was blown in half right beside me. Maybe because it is hard to talk about that stuff and I never do or want to.

After that is when she told me that I had been misdiagnosed. It was also brought up that I do not hold a "normal job". I don't leave my house much and I "work" from home. Basically my wife works full time and my parents help support me by letting me do tasks a 12 year old could do from the comfort of my home. The doctor even asked me if I would be able to work in a normal working environment and of course the answer is no as I have EXTREME anxiety along with panic attacks. My appearance was also brought up because I am not clean shaven and I guess I didn't show up in my Sundays best...mainly becaues I don't care.

The only other information I can give is that the amount of panic attacks I have 3 to 4 a week, lack of sleep and waking up in full blown panic attacks was brought up like it was when I intially had this claim started.

I could care less about a rating increase my concern is that with it being changed should I expect a lower rating because of this? Hoping someone that has went through this could fill me in. This doc seemed to be really pissed at the VA by the way...

ReconMcKinney

Registered Member
Ended up getting rated at 80%. 70% PTSD 10% for my knee that I had two surgeries on while serving. Thanks for your input!

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">