PCM manager change

Elitechairbornranger

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I recently had a bad run in with the BN PCM who is PCM for everyone. My unit has a clinic all to its self. I was seeking an alternative pain management class on the invitation of a civilian co-worker who thought I would be a good fight. long story short when I made a appointment to meet with PCM he denied me saying things like how "I needed to own my injury" , "I only took two precocet", " you are a drug seeker", etc. My wife and chain of command got involved. I was treated very poorly and I am in the program now anyway but I do not want to go to this clinic anymore. I do not trust anyone of the providers in there. Plus the confrontation was in that clinic. I want to be seen by someone else. I was denied by the regiment medical officer to change PCM's to a different clinic. They say that the PCM changed and I should get over it, but the guys replacement is friends with him and was also a part of the incident. Does an active duty patient have any recourse about PCM changes or do you just have to grin and bare the dealing with people who so obviously don't give a shit about you?

I recently had a bad run in with the BN PCM who is PCM for everyone. My unit has a clinic all to its self. I was seeking an alternative pain management class on the invitation of a civilian co-worker who thought I would be a good fight. long story short when I made a appointment to meet with PCM he denied me saying things like how "I needed to own my injury" , "I only took two precocet", " you are a drug seeker", etc. My wife and chain of command got involved. I was treated very poorly and I am in the program now anyway but I do not want to go to this clinic anymore. I do not trust anyone of the providers in there. Plus the confrontation was in that clinic. I want to be seen by someone else. I was denied by the regiment medical officer to change PCM's to a different clinic. They say that the PCM changed and I should get over it, but the guys replacement is friends with him and was also a part of the incident. Does an active duty patient have any recourse about PCM changes or do you just have to grin and bare the dealing with people who so obviously don't give a shit about you?
At this point Patient Advocacy and the ICE reporting system is your best friend. Keep pressing the issue with Patient Advocacy, eventually you will get heard. Where are you stationed?

JBLM, patient advocacy was the one who said I should just deal with it. I have a meeting scheduled with the medical officer who denied me in June. I do not think he understands the whole issue. I am wondering if I should contact the patient advocacy and ask for who ever manages the office. I also have a meeting with JAG to ask about my rights with concern to PCMs next week. Not sure how much help they will be but I am sick of the military. I was over paid combat entitlements last year by about 1500$, finance took 15000$. Which caused me no pay die for 4 months off and on. That over drafted my account twice because of my rent payment and the fact that they told me it was fixed every time I went to finance and S-1. Scheduled my first surgery on the 24 feb 14 which was my ETS date. GO to ETS and was to told by HRC they screwed up calculating my ETS date when I first entered, it was off by a while year. Checked, and double checked. It was wrong. Got it fixed. 24 Feb 14 arrives have surgery, it doesn't go completely well (nerve block failed). 3 weeks convo. Come back look at My Pay see that I was discharged anyway. Freak out. DFAS discharged me stopped all pay, sold leave and took the money for it. 70 days. Still haven't received it back, say it is being fixed. takes two months and an IG case to make finance listen to me. Head lady is pissed off she is having to deal with soldier issues because that isn't normally her job and that I filled a IG complaint (with from command to do it). Still pay is not fixed. 1 month post op, still having tons of pain. Co-worker notices, says I should go to pain management clinic. Sends email on my behalf to case manager of unit. CM send back email saying how awesome it would be for me and says come in first thing next week to get referral. Go, PCM of unit has to sign. Have meeting with him. Never met him before. He denies me but also says I am faking the pain, I'm drug seeker, I' am trying to game system. Case manager in there with me and him, 180 degree turn around, not supporting me, Tell wife. Shit hits fan. Wife on war path. demands to speak with commander and PCM. long story short he admits that he doesn't know my case, hasn't ever talked with anyone who has, never talked with my surgeons, or read my file (he is pretty shitty at being a doctor). He was rude to my wife, the other staff followed suit by changing their minds with this guy against me calling my wife crazy for telling this doctor that he was unprofessional and did not understand what ethics were. At the end of meeting I say I want to change clinics because of this. Went to patient advocacy to get PCM change. I get flyer for free pain management class. I sign up and go with wife. The same clinic I was trying to get a referral runs it, they eval me and give me a referral on the spot. Two weeks later I get told that I am denied moving. Not told reason why. I am totally over the military and the people that stay in it. I am almost to the point of filing a congressional and giving 0 fucks about what happens to anyone.

That is what is wrong with being on the North Fort side, they screw with people badly and have no oversight. I'd suggest go talking to legal counsel on main post (not your units legal,) just due to the fact you are now on your BN's radar. Are you in the MEB process?

No, I am not in the MED board process. I am going to set up an appointment on Tuesday of next week when they open for scheduling appointments. I probably could push for a med board but I honestly just want to get away from the military and file my claim as soon as possible. Which will allow me to finally open another chapter of my life away from the military.

In your discussion about clinic, is this a Battalion Aid Station, and is your PCM a PA, or the BN Surgeon? If it is an actual clinic, the local hospital has oversight under the umbrella of MEDDAC. Just because you are a Soldier does not mean you do not have the right to adequate healthcare or 2nd opinions. Just so you know the ICE reporting system does go straight to the top of whichever organization it is linking to, IE hospital, clinics would be hospital Commander. That being said, they all get investigated as ICE complaints, so you have to be legit and have all your ducks in a row...Good Luck.

My medical status is about to become a P3 with an initiated Medical Evaluation Board. It has not kicked into the sytem yet, it will though, most likely around 5-8 Mar, as soon as my Primary Care Manager enters it into the system after my appointment on 5 Mar. so as of right now, I am not in an MEB and have no retirement packet submitted either.

Nawaz

My medical status is about to become a P3 with an initiated Medical Evaluation Board. It has not kicked into the sytem yet, it will though, most likely around 5-8 Mar, as soon as my Primary Care Manager enters it into the system after my appointment on 5 Mar. so as of right now, I am not in an MEB and have no retirement packet submitted either.

Nawaz

Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

Hmm, are you stating in calendar year 2015 is when your referral into the DoD IDES MEB/PEB process shall start via submission by your PCM? :confused:

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!