PDBR anxiety

Rater81

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I'm in the process of submitting my PDBR. I have a law firm assisting me through NVSLP. They have been wonderful. I started the process over a year ago and we're almost ready to submit my packet. When I was medically discharged in 2005, I received a 0% unfit from the Army but I was in so much pain from a foot surgery, I was unable to walk more than 20 minutes. I'm hoping for 30% as that's what I immediately received from the VA for the same condition. Honestly, it's also about dignity for me. When I was given 0% and unable to walk, it was a slap in the face. My feet are still messed up 13 years later. This may sound crazy but it's about more than just money to me. It's the principle of it and what was taken from me. I think that it will help me find a little bit of closure. I don't know if anyone else feels this way but it feels like a daily battle. A couple more years of waiting, I suppose, is nothing compared to how long I've waited.

I'm in the process of submitting my PDBR. I have a law firm assisting me through NVSLP. They have been wonderful. I started the process over a year ago and we're almost ready to submit my packet. When I was medically discharged in 2005, I received a 0% unfit from the Army but I was in so much pain from a foot surgery, I was unable to walk more than 20 minutes. I'm hoping for 30% as that's what I immediately received from the VA for the same condition. Honestly, it's also about dignity for me. When I was given 0% and unable to walk, it was a slap in the face. My feet are still messed up 13 years later. This may sound crazy but it's about more than just money to me. It's the principle of it and what was taken from me. I think that it will help me find a little bit of closure. I don't know if anyone else feels this way but it feels like a daily battle. A couple more years of waiting, I suppose, is nothing compared to how long I've waited.

I riding the anxiety train as well. I was discharge in 2007 at 20% unfit. I hope I am in the final stages, started in Jan 2017.

I did, I was sent a letter from Wounded Warrior Project to apply.

Holy crap, the slap in the face is spot on. I was medically discharged in 2007 (Army) with 0% (appealed it twice, stayed in med hold [now wounded warrior] for almost 8 months). I had a laundry list of issues, but the VA found that a lot of the physical stuff was a result of a back injury and not actual problems with my legs......anywho VA gave 60% without blinking (currently under review for increase)

My point is, I completely understand about the loss of dignity and the principle of the matter. I was a 25 year old that had to use a cane to walk around half the time and was doped up from morning to night......but they gave me 0% Med Hold Cadre treated us all like kids, even though we outranked some of them (rolleyes), most of the docs didn't even listen to what we had to say. We would say one thing and they would write down another (not all the time)

I had a lot of resentment for a long time after going through that garbage. I have talked to people that have gone through the process as of late, and, based on their experience/outcome, the process is much better now (honestly, maybe even too generous based on some of their symptoms....but that is not for me to decide). almost seems like they are so afraid of repeating the same mistakes that they go beyond what would be needed.

Like TDWilliams, I too submitted my paperwork Feb 2017 and they are still "gathering my medical records". I wish I were in the final stages, but I expect it to take another year.....or more

GLTA

Holy crap, the slap in the face is spot on. I was medically discharged in 2007 (Army) with 0% (appealed it twice, stayed in med hold [now wounded warrior] for almost 8 months). I had a laundry list of issues, but the VA found that a lot of the physical stuff was a result of a back injury and not actual problems with my legs......anywho VA gave 60% without blinking (currently under review for increase)

My point is, I completely understand about the loss of dignity and the principle of the matter. I was a 25 year old that had to use a cane to walk around half the time and was doped up from morning to night......but they gave me 0% Med Hold Cadre treated us all like kids, even though we outranked some of them (rolleyes), most of the docs didn't even listen to what we had to say. We would say one thing and they would write down another (not all the time)

I had a lot of resentment for a long time after going through that garbage. I have talked to people that have gone through the process as of late, and, based on their experience/outcome, the process is much better now (honestly, maybe even too generous based on some of their symptoms....but that is not for me to decide). almost seems like they are so afraid of repeating the same mistakes that they go beyond what would be needed.

Like TDWilliams, I too submitted my paperwork Feb 2017 and they are still "gathering my medical records". I wish I were in the final stages, but I expect it to take another year.....or more

GLTA
I hope you hear something soon and that it’s favorable. 0% is so jacked up when you’re so broken. At least when I get my decision, I’ll feel like I can finally close this chapter in my life regardless of the decision that’s made.

got an email today:
Your case has completed the boarding process and is awaiting Service review and approval/disapproval. You should receive a letter via mail within the next 30 days.

Respectfully,
Physical Disability Board of Review

got an email today:
Your case has completed the boarding process and is awaiting Service review and approval/disapproval. You should receive a letter via mail within the next 30 days.

Respectfully,
Wow. That seems really fast since you submitted in January of 2017. I'm hoping you get your retirement letter. Let us know.

got an email today:

Respectfully,

AWESOME!!!

I hope I hear something....anything some time soon

I emailed them asking if they can provide me the the results as well, but I got the silence treatment. Will call later today. I am with the Army and file in 2017, i’m grateful i’ve come this far.

I may have to do the same thing for my conditions because I feel that I will get treating the same way. I'm shooting for a retirement but they only offered me 10% and a severance pay.. I'm requesting a FPEB... But I don't feel that are going o change any thing.... I'm going to get an outside attorney....

I called HRC (Army) and was told that they don't have anything for me yet and gave me 3 options on why. 1-I was denied(if I was denied my paperwork doesn't come to them, the veteran is notified.) 2-A decision has not been made. 3-A decision has been made, but because of backlog they have not received it yet. The Rep was super cool on explaining the process and letting me know I might have to call back after the summer if I haven't heard anything. I also read on the Army site that once they receive the application it can take up 12 months from the time they received it to make a decision. Dang.... :(

@td williams...........who did you call at hrc..........i didnt know there was a number..............thats depressing about the army taking 12 months....jeez man

I called 877-577-3065, USAPDA
It’s on the website under PDA, Physical Disability Agency.

i called that number and talked to a guy..he said they didnt have anything on me...got me worried because the pdbr email said 2 months ago the army had my stuff...thats gonna burn waiting this long for a no.....i wish they would update us on what they recommend...