PDBR questions

ShadowStalker

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I went through the MEB in july 2008. My job was a 11 bravo. I did 3 deployments. I was discharged with PTSD and found unfit.
I was diagnosed with sleep apnea with obstruction and fit for duty. I was given a CPAP machine while still being med boarded. Plus rotar cuff tear and found fit for duty. I was discharged with 10 percent. My VA rated me 70 percent in July 2008.

I got my PDBR paper work filled out in 21 of Feb 17. I then got 2 letters and the second letter said I was being adjudicated June of 2017.
Now I sent an email and said this.
Your case has been boarded and is under final PDBR review. Once complete the Service will review and make final action. Cases in this phase can take up to 90 days.

Does this mean I'm almost finished and is my chances slim.

I went through the MEB in july 2008. My job was a 11 bravo. I did 3 deployments. I was discharged with PTSD and found unfit.
I was diagnosed with sleep apnea with obstruction and found fit for duty. I was given a CPAP machine while still being med boarded. Plus rotar cuff tear and found fit for duty. I was discharged with 10 percent.from the Army. My VA rated me 70 percent in July 2008.right after I left.

I got my PDBR paper work filled out in 21 of Feb 17. I then got 2 letters and the second letter said I was being adjudicated In June of 2017.
Now I sent an email asking where I am at now in this process. Stated: Your case has been boarded and is under final PDBR review. Once complete the Service will review and make final action. Cases in this phase can take up to 90 days.

Does this mean I'm almost finished and is my chances slim from me getting retirement?

I'm now in the final pdbr process. They said it was sent to the Army for the final decision. They have 45 days to make there decision. Ive made many mistakes in not researching and listing to y'all. I wish I could do it all over again. Thank you all for your threads. God Speed.

I got discharged at 0% but immediately 50% from VA. I was then increased to 100% plus special monthly compensation. Should i expect 100% retirement as well or just the standard 30%? I was discharged in 03/2006 as an E-4 with 2.8 years of service?

I am at that stage as well, have you heard anything back?

I have not heard anything yet. Keep us updated if you receive a letter in the mail and i will keep y'all updated as well. I hope y'all get a positive outcome.

I emailed pdbr about stuff and they said i am in final stages and can take 45 days. Does this mean 45 days in pdbr or till im done completely?

just recieved this:
Your case has completed the boarding process and is awaiting Service review and approval/disapproval. You should receive a letter via mail within the next 30 days.

Respectfully,
Physical Disability Board of Review

Thoughts

Have you received any envelope in the mail from Your branch of service? I'm still in the waiting game. Mine is still with the Army. I'm just blessed the PDBR sent me there recommendations. Keep us updated please.

So was it approved? I submitted my package back in the summer last year. I was worried if I would be considered at 30% since I got out at 10% for an ankle injury. This process is a nail biter.

Question: Anyone separated due to COPD? One of my "unfitting" conditions was for COPD and given 10% by the Navy. The readings that are in my Doctors letter to the PEB state my FEV1 was at 77% and my FEV1/FVC was 69%. From everything that I have been able to find, they give the rating based on FEV1 OR FEV1/FVC OR DLCO (this one doesn't apply to me).
For a 10% rating FEV1 OR FEV1/FVC are from 71% to 80% and 56%-70% are given 30%. This is all clearly stated in my med board documents that my FEV1/FVC was at 69%. I'm thinking that I stand a good chance at having the PDBR increase my disability rating to 30% because of this, but would really like to know if anyone else is like me in this and has any insight or information they would like to share. I also sent in a copy of my Doctors recommendation to the PEB and specifically highlighted those readings (just had to make sure they weren't missed!)

A little background: Separated in July 2006 at 20% (10% COPD; 10% Degenerative Disc Disease, LBP, 3 years later reclassified by VA to 40%, Basically, the VA renamed the disability for a higher rating)
Sent in PDBR application March 2017
April 2019 records collection complete; email said was going to be pushed to adjudication
(I know, I know...2 freaking years just to collect my records!!!)

Currently 90% VA (COPD, Hypertension, Shoulder(s), Back, Migraines, Coronary Artery Disease (Secondary to Hypertension))

Thanks in Advance for anyone's insight...I know the end is getting closer, but this hurry up and wait sucks!

Also, how long does it take for the adjudication process...I've read that years ago it was taking anywhere from 6-8 months more!

If you are still waiting for your results I wish you the best of luck and Good results! Thank you for serving!