PDBR Recommendation done, waiting on the Navy 2019

poolrulz

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hey all, I started this whole process in March of 2017. June 20th 2019 the Department of the Navy received the recommendation from the PDBR. When I last spoke to Ann Jones I was told there was a serious backlog in their office. I was also told that it would NORMALLY take at least 3 weeks or more before it reached the Directors desk and from there it would be about 60 more days before it was signed and ready to send out.

I'm wondering if anyone has heard anything from that office about decisions/signatures/anything with a time frame. Oct 20th 2019 will be 4 months since the Navy received it. From what I've seen and read, there isn't much available for info once it leaves the PDBR and seems pretty hit or miss on when the Navy ACTUALLY sends out a notification. Just doing like everyone else...I'm hurrying up to wait...but having a guess of the wait makes it a little easier...also I haven't been this excited for mail to arrive since my first deployment...

The last email I sent was beginning of September and I'm trying to be patient and give it some time before I email them again.

Anyone have any results they want to share?

Hey all, I started this whole process in March of 2017. June 20th 2019 the Department of the Navy received the recommendation from the PDBR. When I last spoke to Ann Jones I was told there was a serious backlog in their office. I was also told that it would NORMALLY take at least 3 weeks or more before it reached the Directors desk and from there it would be about 60 more days before it was signed and ready to send out.

I'm wondering if anyone has heard anything from that office about decisions/signatures/anything with a time frame. Oct 20th 2019 will be 4 months since the Navy received it. From what I've seen and read, there isn't much available for info once it leaves the PDBR and seems pretty hit or miss on when the Navy ACTUALLY sends out a notification. Just doing like everyone else...I'm hurrying up to wait...but having a guess of the wait makes it a little easier...also I haven't been this excited for mail to arrive since my first deployment...

The last email I sent was beginning of September and I'm trying to be patient and give it some time before I email them again.

Anyone have any results they want to share?
The Navy received my PDBR recommendation on the 7th of August, 2019. I emailed Ann Jones on the 30th of September, and she said it had not come back fro the ASN's desk yet. She had previously told me the whole thing was roughly sixty days from when they receive it to when I would get a letter. Seemingly, we are both beyond that now. I wish you the best of luck! I will also update here if I hear anything. My intent is to email monthly or so, such that I am not creating more work for them. She has been extremely helpful, and timely.

John

I received an email from Mrs. Jones today. She said "I am not sure what day it went over. I was told that it could take up to 60 days for ASN to return the packages however, I have seen them come back a lot sooner like within 2 weeks" so...my package is on the ASNs desk waiting for a signature, hopefully we are leaning more towards the 2 week time frame...

The Navy received my PDBR recommendation on the 7th of August, 2019. I emailed Ann Jones on the 30th of September, and she said it had not come back fro the ASN's desk yet. She had previously told me the whole thing was roughly sixty days from when they receive it to when I would get a letter. Seemingly, we are both beyond that now. I wish you the best of luck! I will also update here if I hear anything. My intent is to email monthly or so, such that I am not creating more work for them. She has been extremely helpful, and timely.

John
I wonder if they sent a stack all together since mine was received by the Navy on 20 June and Im still waiting?

I wonder if they sent a stack all together since mine was received by the Navy on 20 June and Im still waiting?
I wonder as well. I do know this. The PDBR said first week of July mine was sent to the Navy. The Navy, ie Ann Jones, did not receive it until the 7th of August. This is what she said on the 7th of August.
"Sorry for the delay in response I was trying to track your package. Your package was initially sent to us via a sharepoint drive, however, the organizer of the sharepoint drive decided that external personnel should no longer have access and removed our access point. We have received and downloaded your package via SAFE transfer today. Your results are now pending preparation for the Assistant Secretary of the Navy’s final recommendation and signature. Upon receipt of ASN’s signature (approx. 60 days), your letter will be sent to you via mail."

Reading the tea leaves so to speak...Seemingly, the PDBR was sending packages to the Navy, at least in July, and the Navy was not receiving them. Then in the beginning of August a new method of delivery was provided. I would imagine many other packages were impacted by the break in communication between the PDBR and the Navy as she describes it. I don't know when mine went to the ASN. I do know on the 30th of September it had not returned yet from the ASN. We are getting closer. Worst case for me, assuming it went to the ASN on the 30th of September, I would have a letter in the beginning of December. Secretly knowing it has been there 70 days today, I anxiously check the mail, with a little excitement each day. Someone else on here has been waiting since March on the Navy, perhaps we were all waiting for the same reasons.....Who knows? What I know, is each day that passes is one day less of waiting. Good luck! I will likely wait until the 1st to email her again, unless the letter is in the mail today, or tomorrow, or next week...

I heard from Ann Jones this morning. She said my packet was still at the ASN's desk, but she hopes to be able to email it to me next week. Getting closer!

I heard from Ann Jones this morning. She said my packet was still at the ASN's desk, but she hopes to be able to email it to me next week. Getting closer!
So, she is going to email you the results? Its not going in the snail mail? Guess I better send an email first thing Monday and see whats going on with mine since theyve had it since mid June. I'm assuming she's assuming it will all be signed off on sometime next week then?
Either way, thats good news for you, hope the news is good as well! Keep us posted!

So, she is going to email you the results? Its not going in the snail mail? Guess I better send an email first thing Monday and see whats going on with mine since theyve had it since mid June. I'm assuming she's assuming it will all be signed off on sometime next week then?
Either way, thats good news for you, hope the news is good as well! Keep us posted!

Yep. For transparency, I quoted the email below.

"Good morning,
Your case is currently still pending signature with ASN. Hopefully, I will be able to email it to you next week. You will still get in the mail."

So I can only presume she believes it will be signed off by then. Also, I have attempted to be very cordial in tone, and only reached out monthly. I have no idea if that has any bearing on anything. I'd say its worth the ask. I know our timeframes are close. Well, at least we are at the same step in the process. So, when I got the email today, I wanted to make sure I passed it on. Good luck!

John

Yep. For transparency, I quoted the email below.

"Good morning,
Your case is currently still pending signature with ASN. Hopefully, I will be able to email it to you next week. You will still get in the mail."

So I can only presume she believes it will be signed off by then. Also, I have attempted to be very cordial in tone, and only reached out monthly. I have no idea if that has any bearing on anything. I'd say its worth the ask. I know our timeframes are close. Well, at least we are at the same step in the process. So, when I got the email today, I wanted to make sure I passed it on. Good luck!

John
I agree, I am respectful and appreciative every time I contact her. I will also have to make sure she has my current mailing address as well, I want to make sure the paperwork gets to me, whether its good news or not.

Here's to next week being filled with good news! I for one, am just happy at how helpful and transparent she has been, compared to the PDBR.

Any news on your end?

I received an email this morning from Ms. Jones that my package was still at the ASN. How about you?

I got the same email on wednesday
Well, hang in there. We are closer than we were two months ago. At this point I’m just gonna hope it comes before Christmas.

I submitted my packet in April 2017. It's been tough waiting for a decision. I hope you get good news. I know we could all use it.

I submitted my packet in April 2017. It's been tough waiting for a decision. I hope you get good news. I know we could all use it.
Thanks so much for the encouragement! There are days where the waiting was driving me crazy. Then I could go a couple of weeks and not think about it at all. I hope you get good news soon too!

I feel the same. I mean, I only waited since 2005 to get this fixed. I guess a few more years isn't going to matter. When did you submit your packet? I'm Army so I'm not sure the wait difference between the two branches.

I feel the same. I mean, I only waited since 2005 to get this fixed. I guess a few more years isn't going to matter. When did you submit your packet? I'm Army so I'm not sure the wait difference between the two branches.
I submitted mine in May 2016. Then a year later I asked if the PDBR could give me an update. They didn’t get my initial package. So I resubmitted May of 2017.

I submitted mine in May 2016. Then a year later I asked if the PDBR could give me an update. They didn’t get my initial package. So I resubmitted May of 2017.
Wow. That's tough. I'm glad you're nearing the end of the process.

Wow. That's tough. I'm glad you're nearing the end of the process.
Thanks, it honestly is ok. The only hard part for me, is...me. So when they say 60 days, and you pass 90. Or when they say next week two weeks ago, I get discouraged. However, it is a great comfort to know I am not alone, and that regardless of the result, I am closer to the end than I was. For me, my faith plays a large role in helping. I believe you either trust God or you don't, and I chose to. The other big help is all the information sharing and encouragement all of the people like you have given me over the last several years. For that, I am eternally grateful.

Last edited: