PDBR retroactive TDRL for 6 mnths at 50% then 10%?

JeremyS

Registered Member
Hello all,

I just received my PDBR results and the findings were they would retroactively place me on TDRL for 6 months at 50% then reduce me to 10%. I'm at a loss as to how can I be placed on TDRL without re-evaluation? Also found out that the Navy discharged me with Major Depression, while they were treating me for PTSD and the VA diagnosed me with PTSD. Apparently there is a huge difference when it comes to percentages.

Navy trying to pull a quickie.. im worried they will try do the same. Im getting placed on tdrl

There is an attorney on this site (not the site owner) who claims the DoD re-eval of TDRL members is not kosher. Wish I could remember his pen name.

I forgot to mention I have been out since 2006. I honestly thought that being put on TDRL meant that you get re-evaluated then decided if you go to PDRL, remain on TDRL, or removed. If I had been on TDRL I would have made it to appointments since they don't cost me a co-payment or require me to drive 40 minutes to the closest VA Hospital.

Hello all,

I just received my PDBR results and the findings were they would retroactively place me on TDRL for 6 months at 50% then reduce me to 10%. I'm at a loss as to how can I be placed on TDRL without re-evaluation? Also found out that the Navy discharged me with Major Depression, while they were treating me for PTSD and the VA diagnosed me with PTSD. Apparently there is a huge difference when it comes to percentages.
I forgot to mention I have been out since 2006. I honestly thought that being put on TDRL meant that you get re-evaluated then decided if you go to PDRL, remain on TDRL, or removed. If I had been on TDRL I would have made it to appointments since they don't cost me a co-payment or require me to drive 40 minutes to the closest VA Hospital.
Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

Hmm, as written, this seems to be an out-of-the-ordinary or a non-standard decision made by the PDBR (e.g., "retroactively place me on TDRL for 6 months at 50% then reduce me to 10%") at least in my opinion! :confused:

In retrospect the PDBR is suppose to review a military disability rating via the applicable VASRD for a potential increase during a specific military time period only, correct? Does the PDBR also have the authority to make DoD TDRL determinations? Out of curiosity, did any bylaw of the PDBR recently change?

Hopefully, other PEB Forum members with targeted knowledge and experiences about the PDBR process shall provide their insightful feedback. Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

I'm curious about thisnnownas I've seen a few on the newly released list on the reading room. Some were retroactively placed on TDRL.

The reason why my condition wasnt stable and going through my VA Medical records from my initial visit with the VA there is a record of continued problems with my shoulder. Currently 30% on my shoulder after 3rd surgery looking at a 4th not excited about that.