PEB decision pay question

I finally received a decision in regards to my MEB/PEB. My DA form 199 states:

"Although the Soldier's disability is presently rated at 100 percent, the Soldier will actually receive 75 percent of the Soldier's monthly base pay, or 75
percent of the retired pay base depending on the Soldier's active duty entry date, unless Soldier is eligible for a higher percentage based on years of
service. DFAS will calculate the Soldier's pay using the method most favorable for the Soldier."

I am an E6 with 12 years of service. Does this mean my disability pay will go away and be replaced with 75 percent of my base pay? This is confusing.

Thanks so much for any help you can offer in understanding this.

I finally received a decision in regards to my MEB/PEB. My DA form 199 states:

"Although the Soldier's disability is presently rated at 100 percent, the Soldier will actually receive 75 percent of the Soldier's monthly base pay, or 75
percent of the retired pay base depending on the Soldier's active duty entry date, unless Soldier is eligible for a higher percentage based on years of
service. DFAS will calculate the Soldier's pay using the method most favorable for the Soldier."

I am an E6 with 12 years of service. Does this mean my disability pay will go away and be replaced with 75 percent of my base pay? This is confusing.

Thanks so much for any help you can offer in understanding this.
Hello @medikill ,

VA Compensation: Paid by the VA
DoD disability retired pay: Paid by DFAS (DoD)

Seventy-Five percent is the maximum multiplier for retired pay.
--You will receive 75% of average high three of base pay (total of highest 36 months base pay divided by 36) as disability retired pay
--Your DoD disability pay will be reduced dollar for dollar in the amount of VA compensation received.
--Your VA compensation will remain intact

You might be interested in CRSC which if approved, might replace some or all of the reduced/waived retired pay.
See: A Supplement to CRSC Information <--LINK to collection of CRSC information

Ron

Hello @medikill ,

VA Compensation: Paid by the VA
DoD disability retired pay: Paid by DFAS (DoD)

Seventy-Five percent is the maximum multiplier for retired pay.
--You will receive 75% of average high three of base pay (total of highest 36 months base pay divided by 36) as disability retired pay
--Your DoD disability pay will be reduced dollar for dollar in the amount of VA compensation received.
--Your VA compensation will remain intact

You might be interested in CRSC which if approved, might replace some or all of the reduced/waived retired pay.
See: A Supplement to CRSC Information <--LINK to collection of CRSC information

Ron
Ron,

Thank you for your reply. Please, explain it to me like I'm 5. (Barney style) I feel like your response left me just as confused as I was before, if not even more.

Ron,

Thank you for your reply. Please, explain it to me like I'm 5. (Barney style) I feel like your response left me just as confused as I was before, if not even more.
@medikill

Sorry...I posted a reply for another case into your thread.

Barney-style

You will receive all your VA compensation.

2. Your DoD retied pay will be: Average high three x 75% = DoD retired pay

3. You will lose the retired pay shown at item 2 in the same amount of VA compensation shown at item 1.

4. If you have combat related disabilities you could apply for CRSC which replaces some or all of the lost pay shown at item 3. The link is below my signature.

Ron