PEB Delays

Oompahpa

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I heard back from my PEBLO this past Friday, and according to a phone call he made, the PEB (USMC) is about 900 records behind in their processing. In my case, the PEB got my VA results on December 27th, and as of Friday, he's anticipating another 4-5 week wait to get those results back.

I hope this post helps shed some light on the situation for people playing the waiting game.

Good luck to everyone.

is this based from Quantico, Pendleton or lejeune? I know Pendleton and lejeune average 5 months total

I’m based in Cherry Point. Hoping they get through the backup quickly.

I think your PEBLO is a little long on that timeline. I had my VA results sent to the PEB on 3 Dec and heard back 24 Jan. I would project that you should hear back ~15 Feb.

I definitely hope you’re right! Fingers crossed. I’m definitely getting anxious and tired of the waiting game.

I definitely hope you’re right! Fingers crossed. I’m definitely getting anxious and tired of the waiting game.
You are almost there! Best of luck as your ratings come back. Hopefully they are favorable

Update: I had a meeting with my PEBLO today (12 Feb) to review my findings. I have a meeting with my attorney this Friday to see if rebuttal of the decision is a good option for me.

Update: I had a meeting with my PEBLO today (12 Feb) to review my findings. I have a meeting with my attorney this Friday to see if rebuttal of the decision is a good option for me.
Same here for me actually!! My case was submitted and dates are exactly the same.

Update: Today (18 Feb) I met with my attorney and signed paperwork to go to the Formal Board and to rebut my findings. I'm told that it will take between 2 and 3 weeks to get the date set for the Formal Hearing, and then another 6 weeks to actually have the hearing in DC. Then it will take another 6-8 weeks to get the results back. I hope this information is helpful to anyone who needs it.

Thanks for the info. I was found unfit with 19 years and 6 months. I need to demand a formal board to push me to my 20 year mark. This delay should work to my favor!I don’t trust the process for permanent limited duty.

Best of luck to you! I really hope you can make it to that 20 year mark. My conditions referred were both rated at 10% each, and listed as unstable (arthritic knees). So I’m going to push for it to be changed to stable and retirement. I’ve only been in for just over 3 years.

Thanks for the info. I was found unfit with 19 years and 6 months. I need to demand a formal board to push me to my 20 year mark. This delay should work to my favor!I don’t trust the process for permanent limited duty.
Did you drop a retirement packet at 19yrs ?

Did you drop a retirement packet at 19yrs ?
I dropped my retirement papers the day I hit 18 years. It was approved 2 months later. I was suppose to enter the IDES process with the presumption of fitness. However, they found me unfit.

I dropped my retirement papers the day I hit 18 years. It was approved 2 months later. I was suppose to enter the IDES process with the presumption of fitness. However, they found me unfit.

Did your medical conditions overcome the presumption of fitness or was it an error/oversight by the IPEB?

Update: Today (18 Feb) I met with my attorney and signed paperwork to go to the Formal Board and to rebut my findings. I'm told that it will take between 2 and 3 weeks to get the date set for the Formal Hearing, and then another 6 weeks to actually have the hearing in DC. Then it will take another 6-8 weeks to get the results back. I hope this information is helpful to anyone who needs it.

Update: I am still waiting for word about when my hearing will be. Fingers crossed that I hear something soon. Who knows how long this virus will delay things, especially with the DoD travel restrictions.

Update: I am still waiting for word about when my hearing will be. Fingers crossed that I hear something soon. Who knows how long this virus will delay things, especially with the DoD travel restrictions.
Question: Since they did halt the formal boards indefinitely for right now, if someone were to get their ratings back last week and wants to decline the ratings and do a formal board... are they still allowed? Even though they aren't taking on new cases right now?

Question: Since they did halt the formal boards indefinitely for right now, if someone were to get their ratings back last week and wants to decline the ratings and do a formal board... are they still allowed? Even though they aren't taking on new cases right now?

yes you should still be able to follow the normal process. You’ll just be waiting a while for the formal board.