PEB Findings for CRSC

jeffb

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I have decided to file for CRSC after not being able to submit the paperwork in the past . On my PEB findings page under the PresidingOfer it states . The PEB considered whether your unfitting decision was incurred in a combat zone(czone) during combat-related operations(AC) or was combat-related (CR-JW,SW or HZ). Inclusion of one of these CR/CZONE annotations to the right of a qualifying diagnosis on the first page of the PEB findings indicates an affirmative finding. Do I need to submit more medical evidence with this to back my claim up further as it was what I was medically retired for ? The lower in the report it also suggest that I should file for CRSC for unfitting disability that was incurred in combat.

I have decided to file for CRSC after not being able to submit the paperwork in the past . On my PEB findings page under the PresidingOfer it states . The PEB considered whether your unfitting decision was incurred in a combat zone(czone) during combat-related operations(AC) or was combat-related (CR-JW,SW or HZ). Inclusion of one of these CR/CZONE annotations to the right of a qualifying diagnosis on the first page of the PEB findings indicates an affirmative finding. Do I need to submit more medical evidence with this to back my claim up further as it was what I was medically retired for ? The lower in the report it also suggest that I should file for CRSC for unfitting disability that was incurred in combat.
Hello @jeffb ,

One of the most important CRSC application documents is the VA award letter and attached pages. Keep in mind that CRSC is designed to replace some or all of waived retired pay for the associated VA offset for combat related disabilities.

Most who receive CRSC did not have a PEB; I did not.

Your service‘s CRSC web page outlines what is needed. See the collection of CRSC info in the RESOURCES section of this board.
A Supplement to CRSC Information <—-LINK

Ron

VA states that it is PTSD-Combat . TDRL was 70 percent . VA stayed the same at 70 percent for that particular disability . I am 100 percent VA . PDRL became 50 percent. Military pay was 100 percent waived for VA Compensation. I possibly wont get anything as I was only in for 12 years and 1 month with a max pay at the time in 2014. What do you mean the VA Award letter with attachments ? Are you talking about the results for the IDES report ?

Last edited:
VA states that it is PTSD-Combat . TDRL was 70 percent . VA stayed the same at 70 percent for that particular disability . I am 100 percent VA . PDRL became 50 percent. Military pay was 100 percent waived for VA Compensation. I possibly wont get anything as I was only in for 12 years and 1 month with a max pay at the time in 2014. What do you mean the VA Award letter with attachments ? Are you talking about the results for the IDES report ?
I am talking about the decision letter that most veterans receive in the mail upon receiving a VA compensation award. I used the word "most" since most veterans who receive VA compensation are not disability retirees. I have no knowledge about "the IDES report." I had a regular (20 yr AD) retirement. If the report you cite contains the VA's determination, including percentages; disabilities by type, and reasons; I suspect it is similar to what non-IDES folks receive. @chaplaincharlie might be able to offer additional info.

My last VA award letter has 6-8 pages.

The amount of CRSC you likely will receive is the dollar amount of the longevity portion of your retired pay (which is all waived due to the receipt of VA comp).
Active duty years or active duty equivalent year x 2.5% = longevity multiplier
High 3 average base pay x longevity multiplier = longevity portion of retired pay

There are hundreds of CRSC computation examples within this board. Recommend looking at those completed in recent years since there was a major change in 2013.

Ron

I have the CRSC application on my computer...If you give me your numbers and pay...I can give you the direct figures

I have the CRSC application on my computer...If you give me your numbers and pay...I can give you the direct figures
I believe my final pay was 3094 a month in 2014 with 12 years and 10 months in . No rank change for the last 7 years of my naval career. TDRL at time of release was 70 percent and VA was 100 percent. After 5 years TDRL was changed to PDRL 50 percent . VA is still 100 percent. They only gave me my PEB Draft findings for accepting the TDRL .( 2 children and spouse ) Thank you .

IS there a way for me to get MY Updated PEB results for PDRL ?

Hello @jeffb ,

You mentioned: "I believe my final pay was 3094 a month in 2014 with 12 years and 10 months in . No rank change for the last 7 years of my naval career. TDRL at time of release was 70 percent and VA was 100 percent. After 5 years TDRL was changed to PDRL 50 percent . VA is still 100 percent."

Here is an estimate based on the limited info you provided.

1. High three average base pay was not provided; however, final pay was 3094. Final pay is used only in cases where the member entered the service prior to September 8, 1980.
The 3094 you provided will be used here. VA comp @ 100% with spouse & 2 children under 18: 3,406.04 +86.05 = 3492.09. DoD disability rating = 50%. Active duty years: 12 years, 10 months = 12.83 AD years.

2. 3094 x 50% = 1547 retired pay using your figure. This does not use high three nor does it include COLA increases since you retired. If you look on DFAS MyPay, you will find at least one DFAS RAS for each year when there was a COLA increase. The gross pay on the last RAS (probably December 2019) divided by your disability (50% DoD) = current high three base pay including COLA increases.

3. Retired pay 1547 minus 3492.09 = zero retired pay remaining

4. 12.83 Active Duty years x 2.5% = 32.08% longevity multiplier

5. 3094 final pay (should be high three) x 32.08% = 992.56 longevity portion of retired pay

6. Your CRSC using the info above would be the LESSER (lower amount) of either:
--the longevity portion of retired pay which is 992.56 in this computation
OR
--The amount found in the VA compensation tables that is associated with the CRSC percentage approved by your service.

This estimate shows what the current CRSC would be if the info provided is accurate, including the average high three for base pay.

Regards,

Ron

Sorry I have another question .

The disability did not result from a combat related injury as defined by Title 26 U.S. Code Section 104(b)(3). Does this include Mentals Disorders from being in combat ? Or is it physical disorders ?

Sorry I have another question .

The disability did not result from a combat related injury as defined by Title 26 U.S. Code Section 104(b)(3). Does this include Mentals Disorders from being in combat ? Or is it physical disorders ?
PTSD can be approved for CRSC.

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) must be evaluated by the member's Service to determine if it is combat-related. The service's CRSC board makes the decisions regarding CRSC applications.

Ron