PEB findings VS. Sanctuary

robmintt1

Registered Member
Hello all,

I have been in the military for 28 yrs between both active duty and reserves. I have been going through the MEB/PEB process over the last 2 yrs for diabetes type 2. It is controlled with the use of oral medication. The PEB found me unfit for duty. I have managed to get to 19 years of AFS since leaving active duty and I am currently on ADOS orders with my unit. I've been told that they will cut my medical separation order in November 2020. At the same time I have been told that my sanctuary has been approved so I can finish the last year and get an active retirement. The question is which one takes precedence? Does sanctuary override the PEB findings?

Robert

PEB findings take precedence. Sanctuary has you covered for everything EXCEPT medical discharges. Have you requested a Formal PEB to contest it yet? I would seek counsel on this from JAG as you may have a good argument to have the unfit finding overturned since your diabetes is controlled and you have only 1 year left to retire with 20 active duty years.