PEB Rating Question for back

TomTom84

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I had my C&P exam and it was noted by my doctor that service member is unable to perform ROM "Veteran in too severe of pain to be able to perform any
range of motion. His ambulation is with assistance of a cane and can only walk to no more than 10 minutes with altered gait." will this hurt my case for not completing a ROM?
Also can someone help with my ratings
I was diagnosed with:
1. Major Depressive disorder Moderate
2. Hypertension
3. Sleep Apnea with CPAP
4.Lumbar spine L5-S1 retrolisthesis with
spinal canal stenosis.
5.Lumbar spine Degenerative joint disease.
6.Lumbar spine Degenerative disc disease at
L5-S1
7. Severe Migraines
8. Lumbar Spine painful surgical scar
9. Muscle Atrophy on right leg
10. Severe radiculopathy on right leg with foot drop
11. Moderate radiculopathy on left leg
12. GERD

There is way too little information to talk about your potential total rating. The good news is the doctor in essence gave you a ROM rating of "Zero."

I had my C&P exam and it was noted by my doctor that service member is unable to perform ROM "Veteran in too severe of pain to be able to perform any
range of motion. His ambulation is with assistance of a cane and can only walk to no more than 10 minutes with altered gait." will this hurt my case for not completing a ROM?
Also can someone help with my ratings
I was diagnosed with:
1. Major Depressive disorder Moderate
2. Hypertension
3. Sleep Apnea with CPAP
4.Lumbar spine L5-S1 retrolisthesis with
spinal canal stenosis.
5.Lumbar spine Degenerative joint disease.
6.Lumbar spine Degenerative disc disease at
L5-S1
7. Severe Migraines
8. Lumbar Spine painful surgical scar
9. Muscle Atrophy on right leg
10. Severe radiculopathy on right leg with foot drop
11. Moderate radiculopathy on left leg
12. GERD
Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

Indeed, I concur with @chaplaincharlie albeit I would also suggest that you thoroughly review this URL https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?tpl=/ecfrbrowse/Title38/38cfr4_main_02.tpl as based upon your specific symptomology for each medical condition listed above for any potential DoVA disability rating. Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!