script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js">

PEB Status Help

nichols28049

Registered Member
Good Morning All,

For some background, I'm going through the IDES process, and my timeline thus far is roughly as follows:

Referral - End of November 2020
IDES Counseling - December 2020
VA Exams - February 2021
Received NARSUM - March 2021

I'm now currently in the IPEB stage of the process. It's been two months since I received and signed my MEB findings, so I figured I'd call the VA yesterday to figure out where they are in the process. I was told that they'd completed their part of the process and sent out their proposed ratings. I let my PEBLO know, and she tells me that she can't see anything from the VA on her end. She tells me that once she receives that info, it'll probably be about 1-2 weeks before she gets word from the PEB about their decision.

So, I called the VA this morning to see if I could get more details/get them to send their stuff to my PEBLO. They tell me that they sent their proposed ratings on March 12 and that I should talk to my PEBLO about the issue. I do, and she just tells me that she can't see anything about the VA's proposed ratings and that she has no idea what the VA is talking about. She tells me to contact my MSC.

I've since sent emails to my MSC and my legal representative (in case they can access info that my PEBLO is unwilling/unable to access), but the MSC is out of the office for a few days. I feel totally in the dark right now, so I figured I'd post here to see if anyone has any advice/tips for me to get things moving along/access more information. I just wish I knew how close things were to concluding because I'm currently stuck as a holdover waiting to hear back from the PEB.

dracon

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I ran into the same issue, VA "can" email you what they mailed out, seems to just depend on who you talk to. When i called they had me verify a whole battery of PII to ensure i was me. and then sent it to the email I had designated to my PEBLO at the begging of the process

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
The inefficiencies of the system are well documented. With the new emphasis of medical readiness, I'm surprised no one at DoD is driving the processes toward great efficiency.

nichols28049

Registered Member
Quick update: Legal counsel got back to me, and they told me that they accessed the "VTA database" and saw that the VA was done on the 12th. The PEB admin then, apparently, rejected it for "missing bookmarks" on the 30th, and my PEBLO left a comment saying that she fixed the bookmarks the same day.

Counsel tells me that they can't tell me what the rating is but that they can see the total VA rating and that it's back with the PEB in San Antonio. Unfortunately, they say they have no clue what's going on with my packet at San Antonio and that I should keep in touch with my PEBLO.

So, it seems like the VA is done and that they've settled on a rating. I'm not sure why my PEBLO would say that she can't see anything from the VA. Any idea what next steps should be? Should I try to get ahold of my PEBLO's manager? How would I go about doing that?

dracon

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Try calling the VA hotline, tell them you see where something was mailed out to you on "x" date but you have not received it. They will probably verify your address. Once that is done they may be able to email it to you as long as the address is correct. From here you will have to answer several personally identifiable questions in order to verify you are who you say you are. Then they should email it to the email that you provided your Pueblo at the beginning of the process