Pending ETS after Surgery (Medboard Possibility)

WarClamp

Registered Member
Sir/Madam,

Long story short my chain of command attempted to submit a 4187 regarding me exiting the Army approximately 1 week ago. (I am in no kind of trouble, they are stating that I no longer want to be in the US Army). They were attempting to change my DEROS (January 2019) date to become my ETS (February 2019) date to allow me to leave the US Army out of Europe. I just completed surgery in the beginning of December 2018, I've had 4 weeks of ConLeave and have had a hard time keeping myself still so that I don't cause pain to myself. I am no longer on the Hydrocodone, and utilize regular pain killers to assist me through the day.

I begin my Physical Therapy in January 2019 time frame, and the doctor that completed my surgery states that full mobility can take up to 6 months from the Surgery, the surgery was a labrum dislocation/tear fix. I am worried that worst case scenario I don't end up being fully recovered I fear that I will not get out with the Army acknowledging that I have not recovered and me transitioning to the civilian life with a ongoing medical issue. My CoC will be submitting an extension of 1 month to my ETS date.

I've been in the Army for 8 years, I honestly don't know who to turn to. I feel as if I am getting very limited information from my CoC, and the reasoning I was extended one month was because the medical provider insisted I receive that time.

* My question is after the Physical Therapy in January 2019, and I do not receive positive results with normal shoulder mobility will I be out of luck and have to figure it out on the civilian sector?

Thank you so much for any replies that I receive on this forums.

P.S. I'm new to these forums I apologize if I posted in the incorrect area

Very respectfully,