Pending Fitness for Duty

AGRGrape

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hi,

I need advise. I am pending a fitness for duty for PTSD, Major Depressive Disorder and Military Sexual Trauma. I have 18+ years total as a Guardsmen, but only 11 of those years are active duty. I am currently AGR and just returned from OEF-Afghanistan this summer.

Attending work and functioning has been hard. My productivity and motivation is non-existent and I have gotten worse since my mom had her stroke. I see a counselor at the VET Center and a Psychiatrst in my hometown, but have asked to be seen by a mental health physician at Fort Jackson, closer to where I work.

I've turned in all of my documents to date. What do I do now? My state isn't being forth coming with information. I have a feeling this will go to the PEB becuase of the severity. I keep having anxiety attacks at work and can not go to the range becuase of the noise.

How do I protect myself and ensure I don't get screwed in the process?

Hi Mike,

After being committed, admitted into a intensive program, placed on 10 days convelescent leave and placed on a no range/no weapons profile, my commander is going to process me for a MEB. My new delimma is my AGR orders are up in August 2014. I was open with my commander about the time line and my fear that I will be pushed out the door prior to my MEB being started and completed.

I just returned to duty Tuesday and my triggers are creating more problems at work. I haven't had an anxiety attack, but my concentration has not returned, my IBS has flaired up, my mood swings are wild and I can't stop jumping and shaking.

My questions are

1) Will my orders be continued while I go through the board?
2) What should I do if they brag their feet in starting my board?
3) Can I be placed in a non-duty status until my board is complete?
4) With 12 AD (including FTS) and 19 years total with no break in service, will I be eligible for a medical retirement?

Hi,

I need advise. I am pending a fitness for duty for PTSD, Major Depressive Disorder and Military Sexual Trauma. I have 18+ years total as a Guardsmen, but only 11 of those years are active duty. I am currently AGR and just returned from OEF-Afghanistan this summer.

Attending work and functioning has been hard. My productivity and motivation is non-existent and I have gotten worse since my mom had her stroke. I see a counselor at the VET Center and a Psychiatrst in my hometown, but have asked to be seen by a mental health physician at Fort Jackson, closer to where I work.

I've turned in all of my documents to date. What do I do now? My state isn't being forth coming with information. I have a feeling this will go to the PEB becuase of the severity. I keep having anxiety attacks at work and can not go to the range becuase of the noise.

How do I protect myself and ensure I don't get screwed in the process?

Hi Mike,

After being committed, admitted into a intensive program, placed on 10 days convelescent leave and placed on a no range/no weapons profile, my commander is going to process me for a MEB. My new delimma is my AGR orders are up in August 2014. I was open with my commander about the time line and my fear that I will be pushed out the door prior to my MEB being started and completed.

I just returned to duty Tuesday and my triggers are creating more problems at work. I haven't had an anxiety attack, but my concentration has not returned, my IBS has flaired up, my mood swings are wild and I can't stop jumping and shaking.

My questions are

1) Will my orders be continued while I go through the board?
2) What should I do if they brag their feet in starting my board?
3) Can I be placed in a non-duty status until my board is complete?
4) With 12 AD (including FTS) and 19 years total with no break in service, will I be eligible for a medical retirement?

Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

Indeed, out of curiosity but more of concern, how are you at this point in time? :confused:

To that extent, have you been officially referred with acceptance into the DoD IDES MEB/PEB process?

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!

Well since Jan I've been in 2 inpatient program and I'm in my second outpatient program. Work is a significant trigger and after being at work for 8 days I was admitted i to an inpatient program for 5 days. So recovery is extremely slow.

My unit is expecting me to go to drill and Annual Training as soon as I get put of this program. Pretty much they don't care.

Well since Jan I've been in 2 inpatient program and I'm in my second outpatient program. Work is a significant trigger and after being at work for 8 days I was admitted i to an inpatient program for 5 days. So recovery is extremely slow.

My unit is expecting me to go to drill and Annual Training as soon as I get put of this program. Pretty much they don't care.

Indeed, I totally comprehend from having an unsupportive new Chain of Command within the current last 16 months on active duty unfortunately! :(

To that extent, please ensure that you continue to take care of yourself to the best of your ability. Continue to use the military healthcare system to your health care advantage by obtaining all healthcare treatment needed to stabilize your medical conditions.

Nonetheless, never default acceptance to potential injustice; hmm, I would fight back by sticking with the established extremely slow healthcare recovery treatment plans. ;)

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!

AGRGrape, it pains me to read all that you are going through and that your leadership is not supportive. Warrior644 has great advice, continue to use the military health systems as intended and don't short yourself of all the time allotted. Prayers that you find justice and peace of mind in your struggle.

AGRGrape, it pains me to read all that you are going through and that your leadership is not supportive. Warrior644 has great advice, continue to use the military health systems as intended and don't short yourself of all the time allotted. Prayers that you find justice and peace of mind in your struggle.
Thank you for your well wishes and prayers. I need them.

Family my IDES/MEB/VA/PEBLO Briefing was officially done today. They notified me that the 295+ days now begins. I also received my very and wonderfully restricted permanent profile that prevents me from wearing any of the battle rattle, going to the range or doing anything that will trigger me. I should be turning in my gear soon. In addition, I was grossly mistreated overseas. The JPAS, BN CO and BN CSM that it would be funny not to start my reunional on my security clearance. Needless to say that after much fighting and much back stabbing on their part, I lost my clearance. When I went into work today to give my boss an update on my situation, I noticed that I lost access to EVERYTHING!!!! I can't even use the phone anylonger.

More stuff for me to take to the PHP program tomorrow. I have been breaking down lately, so I'm just going to add this to the session.

I'm happy I have started the process and that they have to continue my orders until this ordeal is complete.

Family my IDES/MEB/VA/PEBLO Briefing was officially done today. They notified me that the 295+ days now begins. I also received my very and wonderfully restricted permanent profile that prevents me from wearing any of the battle rattle, going to the range or doing anything that will trigger me. I should be turning in my gear soon. In addition, I was grossly mistreated overseas. The JPAS, BN CO and BN CSM that it would be funny not to start my reunional on my security clearance. Needless to say that after much fighting and much back stabbing on their part, I lost my clearance. When I went into work today to give my boss an update on my situation, I noticed that I lost access to EVERYTHING!!!! I can't even use the phone anylonger.

More stuff for me to take to the PHP program tomorrow. I have been breaking down lately, so I'm just going to add this to the session.

I'm happy I have started the process and that they have to continue my orders until this ordeal is complete.

All right; this is excellent news and congratulations! :D

Nonetheless, please never default acceptance to potential injustice and please continue to fight back by sticking with the all of your established extremely slow healthcare recovery treatment plans; it shall definitely keep a ":(" on their faces while hopefully putting a ":)" on yours!

To that extent, take care and get healthy at their expense! ;)

Best Wishes!