Physical therapist said either med-board or reclass

BigMurphy11B

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
OK background,
I have just had back to back hip surgeries for a bi-lateral labrum tear, arthritis, cyst and cam impingements on both hips that got shaved down. so my DR told me that I will have at least a year of recovery. I am a 11B SSG with 9 years TIS. This is why my physical therapist a Maj. said reclass or med-board.

Heres the thing and I mean no offense to anyone here, but if I cant be in the Infantry I dont want to be in the Army. Its what i wanted to do and what I have stayed with. So obviously I just want to get out at this point.
Here are my questions.

1. Since I have gotten the surgeries I have been on Con leave for over 3 months. I return 2Dec. I have been given a P3 profile from my therapist (obviously post surgeries) but with the recovery time putting me to september 2015 will I be placed in a WTU? I am litteraly unable to run, jump, squat, even carry more than 5lbs.

2. Do i just tell my PA that I want to get med-boarded? Or should he figure this out?

3. Before I had my surgeries I was on profile for nearly 260days. When I had the surgeries my old profile expired does that mean my time "reset"

4. What are the chances they try and make me stay in the army

5. Can they force me to reclass?

Im not a dirt bag, been deployed 3 times, countless field time, amazing NCOER's and amazing recommendations from all of my COC's. What should I do and how should I do it?

Thanks everyone.
-Murph

OK background,
I have just had back to back hip surgeries for a bi-lateral labrum tear, arthritis, cyst and cam impingements on both hips that got shaved down. so my DR told me that I will have at least a year of recovery. I am a 11B SSG with 9 years TIS. This is why my physical therapist a Maj. said reclass or med-board.

Heres the thing and I mean no offense to anyone here, but if I cant be in the Infantry I dont want to be in the Army. Its what i wanted to do and what I have stayed with. So obviously I just want to get out at this point.
Here are my questions.

1. Since I have gotten the surgeries I have been on Con leave for over 3 months. I return 2Dec. I have been given a P3 profile from my therapist (obviously post surgeries) but with the recovery time putting me to september 2015 will I be placed in a WTU? I am litteraly unable to run, jump, squat, even carry more than 5lbs.

2. Do i just tell my PA that I want to get med-boarded? Or should he figure this out?

3. Before I had my surgeries I was on profile for nearly 260days. When I had the surgeries my old profile expired does that mean my time "reset"

4. What are the chances they try and make me stay in the army

5. Can they force me to reclass?

Im not a dirt bag, been deployed 3 times, countless field time, amazing NCOER's and amazing recommendations from all of my COC's. What should I do and how should I do it?

Thanks everyone.
-Murph

no one? Am i in the wrong forum

Please reference reply #3 in PEB Forum URL
http://www.pebforum.com/site/threads/need-some-help-please-med-board-or-what.24516/ for potential feedback.

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!