plantar fasciitis

ZZbrokenandhurtZZ

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I've been in for 2 years now, and about May of last year I sustained an injury. They had us rucking up a canyon that plateaus and then goes up and repeats like that, then turning around and running back down it with full ruck as well. I injured my foot and then i was sent to NTC where i had to dismount with a javelin and my miniruck to set up OP's. My foot was in pain and they still made me do all this knowing i was hurting. had physical therapy, have had xrays, injections. I have 2 bone spurs on 1 foot and now have another growing on my other foot. the pain hasnt gone away and I was recommended for a permanent profile. Our PA. said if he wrote it up it would end in MEB Board, so we have been trying other things first, I got custom fit insoles over a month ago as a last ditch effort. still my feet hurt all the time. Sadly where we are located I have to walk over 3 miles a day for work, and that puts a heavy toll on them. so now we are roughly 9 months out, still in pain, and I have recently been flagged for height and weight because I cant do cardio, and honestly I have fallen into some intense depression. I'm having an extremely tough time losing weight because of all of this, and am wondering is there a way to get my PA to start the process that was already recommended by a Major, how can I get the MEB process started so they dont kick me out with a chapter 18 over this? and if the do try, i read that i have to be medically evaluated before they can go that route anyway, is that true? any help would be great.

I injured my foot and then i was sent to NTC where i had to dismount with a javelin and my miniruck to set up OP's. My foot was in pain and they still made me do all this knowing i was hurting. had physical therapy, have had xrays, injections. I have 2 bone spurs on 1 foot and now have another growing on my other foot. the pain hasnt gone away and I was recommended for a permanent profile. Our PA. said if he wrote it up it would end in MEB Board, so we have been trying other things first, I got custom fit insoles over a month ago as a last ditch effort. still my feet hurt all the time. Sadly where we are located I have to walk over 3 miles a day for work, and that puts a heavy toll on them. so now we are roughly 9 months out, still in pain, and I have recently been flagged for height and weight because I cant do cardio, and honestly I have fallen into some intense depression.

It's sad to know that you injured your foot such badly. Walking or marching for miles across some of the most desolate and unforgiving land is part of the rucking training. When you’re climbing mountains to find your way through dense, snake-infested forests, your feet will be suffering for it. It is a test of their endurance, stamina, and willpower. During all these rucking exercises the feet undergo brutal punishment. I recommended you to use rucking boots that can be useful for your foot pain. You can find high-quality rucking boots at Sportsly. It's supportive and built in the orthotic insole to keep away your pain. You can wear it during rucking training hopefully it works.

I've been in for 2 years now, and about May of last year I sustained an injury. They had us rucking up a canyon that plateaus and then goes up and repeats like that, then turning around and running back down it with full ruck as well. I injured my foot and then i was sent to NTC where i had to dismount with a javelin and my miniruck to set up OP's. My foot was in pain and they still made me do all this knowing i was hurting. had physical therapy, have had xrays, injections. I have 2 bone spurs on 1 foot and now have another growing on my other foot. the pain hasnt gone away and I was recommended for a permanent profile. Our PA. said if he wrote it up it would end in MEB Board, so we have been trying other things first, I got custom fit insoles over a month ago as a last ditch effort. still my feet hurt all the time. Sadly where we are located I have to walk over 3 miles a day for work, and that puts a heavy toll on them. so now we are roughly 9 months out, still in pain, and I have recently been flagged for height and weight because I cant do cardio, and honestly I have fallen into some intense depression. I'm having an extremely tough time losing weight because of all of this, and am wondering is there a way to get my PA to start the process that was already recommended by a Major, how can I get the MEB process started so they dont kick me out with a chapter 18 over this? and if the do try, i read that i have to be medically evaluated before they can go that route anyway, is that true? any help would be great.

How much was your body fat % to get in? What you have wrong with can be fixed, I had it for year in and still did my job based off of what you described, and I’m sure most here have, my advice is change your diet, rehab your foot, swim after work and burn calories, if you want to stay in which I recommend. Getting out with two years will only get you a 20% rating and will be good for nothing. Every single person in the Army is nursing done injury that could trigger discharge I’m sure. Once you get over the hump your mind will be more at ease and hopefully your depression will abate and you’ll remember why you joined and be glad you push through, there is a silver lining I promise. No meds it will only lead to more weight gain.

I was put on a P3 profile, was supposed to be redeployed from Korea early, but they kept me the whole time, my 1st Sgt did everything he could to get it reduced to a P2 profile so they can kick me out for height and weight, he was successful and now I'm fighting to get back on a P3. My feet have caused depression, knee and hip pain, and both feet are always hurting and causing me to limp. hell half the time I can barely walk. He even has been trying to get me a less than honorable discharge all because he doesn't like me. if anyone has any idea what I can do to fight this, it would be much appreciated