Please help me with my CRSC calculation.

DFAS told me I would receive 2174 in CRSC my gross retirement is 2800 after taxes 2500 roughly. I just dont see how this is even considered. You would think they would see the difference and ask you to decline your approval. $700 dollars is alot to loose.

DFAS told me I would receive 2174 in CRSC my gross retirement is 2800 after taxes 2500 roughly. I just dont see how this is even considered. You would think they would see the difference and ask you to decline your approval. $700 dollars is alot to loose.
It is an option each open season.

At one time, I personally selected a lower rate of CRSC over higher amount of CRDP. I have income from other sources and the tax advantage of CRSC offset the reduced net pay (CRDP was more).

My lower amount of taxable income made up for the loss of pay during that year. I suspect I am not the only person who has done that. Of course, the decision process involves tax computations.

Ron

It is an option each open season.

At one time, I selected a lower rate of CRSC over higher amount of CRDP. I have income from other sources and the tax advantage of CRSC offset the reduced net pay (CRDP was more).

My lower amount of taxable income made up for the loss of pay during that year. I suspect I am not the only person who has done that. Of course, the decision process involves tax computations.

Ron
When is open season?

Last edited by a moderator:
2019 CRDP/CRSC Open Season

The 2019 CRDP/CRSC Open Season is January 1-31, 2019. Retirees who are eligible for both CRDP and CRSC will receive an Open Season Letter with the amount of their entitlements. Follow the instructions on the letter. Only return the letter to DFAS to change your current election for 2019. Your election must be postmarked by January 31, 2019.

Ron