please help

limbolife

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I have signed my findings and was found unfit for ptsd. 6 weeks ago I got a Publix intoxication and the command I am tad with said I was fine. My main command is not threatening to administer discharge me and is making me return back from terminal leave... any thoughts on if I'll receive my retirement or not? My anxiety levels are sky high and I have a family to support. The public intox was not a horror story. I was mugged and repeatedly not sent to an er after requesting.

I have signed my findings and was found unfit for ptsd. 6 weeks ago I got a Publix intoxication and the command I am tad with said I was fine. My main command is not threatening to administer discharge me and is making me return back from terminal leave... any thoughts on if I'll receive my retirement or not? My anxiety levels are sky high and I have a family to support. The public intox was not a horror story. I was mugged and repeatedly not sent to an er after requesting.
IMHO you'd do well to talk to your Commander and sincerely apologize for the incident, and explain to him/her that between the stress of the PTSD, IDES, and your uncertain future you made a mistake. Hopefully they will see that punishing you and/or negatively affecting your benefits upon discharge are not in the best interests of anyone, the service, you, or your family.

The flip side of the coin is you are still in the military and still accountable to the UCMJ, so you may have some punishment to deal with, that's the Commander's call. But if they do insist on permanently affecting your discharge and benefits, you should request JAG counsel and be prepared to show a definite connection between the PTSD and your misbehavior. The military has come under a lot of fire lately for not taking the medical condition into account and coming down too hard on those who are diagnosed with PTSD and similar conditions, they are not supposed to use such misbehavior to discharge someone who has service connected mental issues outside the IDES process, which appears to be a play to cheat a disabled Soldier out of benefits otherwise due. Take note of the article regarding this on the PEB forums main page.

Last but not least, watch that you don't get into any more trouble. Being so much as late for a formation can get you into hot water, and cease all alcohol consumption and similar problems until after you're fully out of the military and then some. As you said you have a family to worry about, so getting in further trouble is most certainly not going to help you or your family.

Hope this helps...

Thank you Florida law. It wasn't a drunk issue etc. I spent an our with the police trying to find the who assaulted me. I have a usmc lt colonel who talked with me yesterday, very nice but to the tee type man. He told me to honestly to lose no sleep. He said that a CO would not risk one of his members health care over a misdemeanor and first military offense. I sent an apology on my description of what happened.

Yeah... I slapped my supply SGT and went AWOL to the ER before all my shit went rolling down. I met with my commander before the article 15 reading and he told me that the brigade wanted my head on a stick as an example... because I followed the regs on my Monday-Friday job and told their SGM to go to hell on illegal separations. Anyways... after I brought my whole medical record and prescription of budesonide and prednisone he said I have 2 options... company level article 15 with informal reprimand or court martial which means... flagged even longer, not eligible for the next EPS cycle, and still end up with an informal reprimand if found not mentally sound. In hindsight since my promotion opportunity was screwed by medical anyways... should have made the brigade suffer with me with a court martial. Either way with your case... I doubt it will affect your board proceedings and retirement.

I'm really sorry to hear what you're going through. It sounds super stressful. When I faced tough times as a law student, seeking advice was a game-changer. If you ever need help with your studies, I found useful services for law essay help uk. Wishing you the best in finding solutions!