Please help

Chosen1986

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I have a proposed rating of 100% permanent disability rating however on the VSR note is says a future exam is needed for anxiety and depression after 2 years of RAD. No chapter 35 the total combined evaluation excluding these conditions is 90%. I want to know do I still qualify for student loan discharge. Not sure what the VSR note actually means for my 100% proposed rating and wat are the chances of me being p&t?

mxridr

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Not sure on the student loan discharge but I would say you are most likely not P&T due that you would have to complete a future exam. When P&T they VA can’t make you complete any future exams (services can if you are TDRL).

gsfowler

Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
You must have a total and permanent disability discharge to qualify. You can apply for IU in the meantime to get the loans discharged.

https://www.disabilitydischarge.com/TPD-101

How do I show that I am permanently disabled?

If you are a veteran, and we have received information from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) indicating that you have a service-connected disability (or disabilities) that is 100% disabling or that you are totally disabled based on an individual unemployability rating, we will contact you and explain how you may apply for a TPD discharge, but you will not need to provide documentation of your VA determination.

We regularly receive information from the VA identifying veterans who may qualify for TPD discharge.

If you are a veteran and you have a service connected disability (or disabilities) that is 100% disabling or are totally disabled based on an individual unemployability rating, but we did not contact you about a TPD discharge, you can apply and provide documentation from the VA showing that you have a service connected disability (or disabilities) that is 100% disabling or that you are totally disabled based on an individual unemployability rating, that includes the effective date of the VA’s determination.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">