amylynn2113

Registered Member
I am currently in the middle of the Med Board process. My diagnoses on my NARSUM are chronic migraines/headaches, Lordosis, Scoliosis, and Kyphosis (all with worsening curvature over the 7 years of service). I experience severe headaches nearly every day and migraines weekly which after many failed medications, they started me on BOTOX injections. I know with my migraines, VA ratings look to be around 50%, but I was wondering what the DoD ratings looked like for those who went through something similar. I am fairly confident I will get a fair rating with the VA, but the ultimate DoD rating determining whether I will be medically SEPARATED or RETIRED is what stresses me out a bit. I should be finding out my rating from AFPC any day now, but wanted to engage with you all on here to try and calm my nerves! I am obviously trying to go for medical retirement but am still a bit clueless to this whole med board process and hope you can help me!

oddpedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
The migraine rating on the VA side is probably some of the most appealed claims I see over the rating being incorrect but attached are some guidelines. The C&P exam needs to go smooth no matter what your records state.

Attachments

• Migraine Rating Formula.jpg
    Migraine Rating Formula.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 39

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Since you are under 8 YOS, I think the issues with spinal curvature will be what percentage of the abnormal curvature was preexisting.

Bulletandgrunt

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I have a referred conditions of migraines. Not DOD disqualifying in my case they say. NARSUM said meets retention standards.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">