Post 9/11 GI bill Eligibility

Gfs21

Registered Member
Howdy. I recently finished the Med Board process and received a medical retirement (30% DoD, 40% VA) in March. I would like to go back to school in order to get my teaching credential/masters in education (I have a bachelor's degreevia Army Rotc). I applied for the Post 9/11 GI Bill and received a letter from the VA stating that I did not meet the necessary service requirements (I had 1 year and 8 months of active duty service time). One of the eligibility criterion for post 9/11 gi bill benefits is 90 days of continuous active duty service and an honorable discharge due to a service related disablity.

Some relevant information about me is that I received an Army ROTC Scholarship which paid for my undergraduate education, and did not serve the full amount of time on my initial active duty service contract before I was medically retired.

Does anyone know if I have a decent chance of appealing this decision by the VA?

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">