Post EAS Options

ZDOlson

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I got a PLD package approved and will be placed on the TDRL May 2021. Looking at post EAS options and am trying to find out if even though the Navy/Marine Corps found me unfit, if transferring to Army/Air Force via prior service recruiter is an option? I’m sure this would impact my medical retirement in some capacity, but looking for any info at all.

Hello,

"The Department of Defense established the medical standards for every branch of the military. Therefore, the admission standards are the same for every military branch (including the U.S. Coast Guard). However, each military branch handles the medical waiver process a little differently."

"A medical exam takes place at the Military Entrance Processing Station (MEPS). "

This non-government web page offers an overview of the waiver process: LINK <----

I spent one year at the Houston MEPS, but i am not an expert on this subject. I was on a compassionate assignment.

Ron

Typically retention standards are more generous than induction standards, so I doubt that is an option. Additionally while on TDRL you still belong to your current service.