Preparation for decision VA/ Does that mean unfit?

Duke Skylark

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hey team, talked to the PEBLO and after 67 days still don’t have a formal/informal answer. Was told to check eBenefits for any type of movement instead of va.gov website. My claim says “pending decision” and upon further details says a VSR has recommended a decision and preparing a documents to support it. Now, he looked at me and said, “im not gonna insult your intelligence but I believe this to be a informal decision.” Can anyone support this? My logic is sound to me lol. If I were to be found fit, the VA wouldn’t have to make a decision on anything. They wouldn’t have ever seen it to make a decision on because I would be fit. Can anyone give me some clarity?

Attachments

Motrin and Socks

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Thank goodness. I needed to hear this. Badly. I’ll keep you updated on formally hearing the answer.
Just as a heads up, I had movement in my EBenefits and my package hadn't even made it to the VA yet. Sometimes the system just changes on its own. My EBenifits said Pending decision approval almost 3 weeks ago and in reality, my package got to the VA August 1st. The only person to tell you its at the VA is the Rhode Island VA in Providence. Give them a call. My package was at the PEB for over 60 days too. Just happens.

RonG

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Just as a heads up, I had movement in my EBenefits and my package hadn't even made it to the VA yet. Sometimes the system just changes on its own. My EBenifits said Pending decision approval almost 3 weeks ago and in reality, my package got to the VA August 1st. The only person to tell you its at the VA is the Rhode Island VA in Providence. Give them a call. My package was at the PEB for over 60 days too. Just happens.
Re: "Sometimes the system just changes on its own."

Yes, it is not updated directly by human input at the VA. It is a pirate system in that it takes data from other VA systems and produces the sometimes confusing results one sees.

Ron

Duke Skylark

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Re: "Sometimes the system just changes on its own."

Yes, it is not updated directly by human input at the VA. It is a pirate system in that it takes data from other VA systems and produces the sometimes confusing results one sees.

Ron
I just want the unfit finding so I can prepare accordingly. However long they choose to take past that finding I’m good with. Just need to hear the words “UNFIT”

Motrin and Socks

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I just want the unfit finding so I can prepare accordingly. However long they choose to take past that finding I’m good with. Just need to hear the words “UNFIT”
Call DC and RI Directly. They will tell you if at the VA or not. If you hear it directly from them, you're good.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">