Presiding Officer?

SuddenJudgement

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Navy, NARSUM April 26th. Just got notified that the case has been moved to the Presiding Officer after the case has been with the medical Officer for 116 days. The PEBLO is less than helpful and refuses to pick up the phone or respond to email, the info about the Presiding Officer was received from the lawyer. Anyone know the estimated wait from this stage?

Navy, NARSUM April 26th. Just got notified that the case has been moved to the Presiding Officer after the case has been with the medical Officer for 116 days. The PEBLO is less than helpful and refuses to pick up the phone or respond to email, the info about the Presiding Officer was received from the lawyer. Anyone know the estimated wait from this stage?
If at all possible, just go in person and speak to their supervisor. Sorry but I actually havent head of the presiding officer but hopefully someone else may know something.

If at all possible, just go in person and speak to their supervisor. Sorry but I actually havent head of the presiding officer but hopefully someone else may know something.
I concur. When people ducked my emails or calls, I appeared at their desk and sometimes thereafter at their supervisors desk.

The Presiding Officer is the second member of the IPEB upon the initial review stage and the person running the formal hearing at the FPEB stage. When you reach this stage on the iPEB level, you are nearing the initial decision re whether you are fit or unfit. Note- you will not be able to access the 4th deck of Building 36 at the Navy Yard to speak with board members. Neither civilian nor Navy counsel have been allowed in their spaces since an 0-5 Navy judge advocate had a physical altercation with a board member back in 2010. Before that, both Navy counsel and civilian counsel like me had ready access to the members' spaces. Service members have not been allowed in the board members spaces since the West Coast PEB at Balboa, and The East Coast PEB at Bethesda were consolidated into one panel at the Navy Yard around the time that the IDES was rolled out in 2009-2010. Side note re other services- you would not be able to simply walk into the members' spaces at Randolph for Air Force PEBs or Fort Sam for Amry PEBs either.

Repost, without most of the typos this time! The Presiding Officer is the second member of the IPEB upon the initial review stage and the person running the formal hearing at the FPEB stage. When you reach this stage on the iPEB level, you are nearing the initial decision re whether you are fit or unfit. Note- you will not be able to access the 4th deck of Building 36 at the Navy Yard to speak with board members. Neither civilian nor Navy counsel have been allowed in their spaces since an 0-5 Navy judge advocate had a physical altercation with a board member back in 2010. Before that, both Navy counsel and civilian counsel like me had ready access to the members' spaces. Service members have not been allowed in the board members spaces since the West Coast PEB at Balboa and The East Coast PEB at Bethesda were consolidated into one panel at the Navy Yard around the time that the IDES was rolled out in 2009-2010. Side note re other services- you would not be able to walk into the members' spaces at Randolph for Air Force PEBs or Fort Sam for Army PEBs either.

OP, did you ever receive your findings?

Repost, without most of the typos this time! The Presiding Officer is the second member of the IPEB upon the initial review stage and the person running the formal hearing at the FPEB stage. When you reach this stage on the iPEB level, you are nearing the initial decision re whether you are fit or unfit. Note- you will not be able to access the 4th deck of Building 36 at the Navy Yard to speak with board members. Neither civilian nor Navy counsel have been allowed in their spaces since an 0-5 Navy judge advocate had a physical altercation with a board member back in 2010. Before that, both Navy counsel and civilian counsel like me had ready access to the members' spaces. Service members have not been allowed in the board members spaces since the West Coast PEB at Balboa and The East Coast PEB at Bethesda were consolidated into one panel at the Navy Yard around the time that the IDES was rolled out in 2009-2010. Side note re other services- you would not be able to walk into the members' spaces at Randolph for Air Force PEBs or Fort Sam for Army PEBs either.
Have you heard of the third officer stage? I have heard different things about what it is. Some say that there are three officers that review the PEB and need to review the case before releasing the findings. I have also heard that the third officer is the "tie-breaker" if a fit/unfit decision is being determined. With two referred conditions, my PCM stating I will not be better, and my VA rating on my back over 40% by itself, I would find it difficult to see how they are deciding unfit vs fit.