Profile for BH meds?

SoTex08

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I've been seeing BH for quite some time now. The provider recently prescribed me Klonopin. It seems to work ok so far, but I get dizzy when first taking it (30-45 min.) and then it kind of levels off. I was concerned with the side effects, so I mentioned it to the BHO (not my main provider) and they stepped out and spoke with my provider quickly while I was in the office. They said "there's no reason for a profile." This sort of caught me off guard because I don't want to be held liable if I am taking something that impairs me (even if it is briefly). I thought the answer I received was kind of weird and decided to do some research. Come to find out, MEDCOM issued a memo IAW DoDi 6490.07 (MEDCOM 17-099) for minimum profiling standards. It says that I should be on a temporary 90-day profile and it should be renewed while on the medication. I am by no means seeking something that is restrictive, but I would like to have something on paper that backs me up just in case someone in my CoC asks questions. What should I do in this situation? I hate badgering people- this seems like something the provider should have known? How would you all approach this? Thanks in advance.

I agree with an electronic message to your PCM. Something like; I appreciate your not profiling me despite my dizziness. That puts it in his/her court!

SoTex08,
What you are experiencing is a common side effect. Are you sure that you're not experiencing any other symptoms? if so, I would be pushing for a profile. I have attached a link with other side effects.
https://www.rxlist.com/klonopin-side-effects-drug-center.htm#. I hope that you get the outcome that you are looking for.
Dizziness seems to be the most prominent aside from drowsiness. blurred vision happens occasionally as well.
I am going to see the provider tomorrow during my appointment. I'm just not sure how to word what I'm asking for. I don't want to make it seem like I have to have a profile, but I also don't want to be held liable behind the wheel of a military vehicle if something were to go wrong.