Psoriatic arthritis and psoriasis MEB

jvan

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Greetings all finally received the unfit notification a week ago for psoriatic arthritis and psoriasis. I take Cosentyx for both and almost daily prednisone for the PsA (both are on my NARSUM). I have multiple doctors notes saying I take Cosentyx for both Ps and PsA since 2016. From what I have read I should be entitled to 60% for taking the immunosuppressive Cosentyx and rated for each joint PsA affects. My question is for those of you who have went through the MEB, what documentation was needed and how to go about getting the best rating?

I'm also wondering how the medical retirement pay is calculated. Just for easy numbers let's use $1000 as the high three. If I had 16 active I would receive $400 (2.5% x retire pay x 16)? If I received a DoD rating (I know DoD and VA are different 90%+ of the time) of 70% (I know it caps at 75%), since it is more money $700, I would get the $700?

Lastly, can I claim concurrent with VA disability? If I were 90% VA disabled say with a VA disability pay of $650, would I get a VA check for $650 and a DoD check for $50 to total the $700 of disability retirement pay?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks all