Psoriatic Arthritis

allstarday10

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
How long has everyone had to wait to find out if they are fit/unfit? I'm currently on day 22, I know their goal is 15 but I'm a week past that now. Anybody recently in the same boat?

Welcome to the PEB Forum! Their goal is 15 days, but the problem is with communication. Your PEBLO, typically, won't tell you are UNFIT for service until the entire disposition gets returned to them to review options with you. The reason for this as I'm told is because if they say, "You're UNFIT", the typical member will then proceed to barrage them with questions that they don't have answers to about their case specifics.

You have two options to figure out what is going on:

- Ask your PEBLO to look up your case and see if the IPEB has forwarded your package onto the D-RAS for percentage processing. Tell them you won't ask specific questions, you just want to know current status.

- If they refuse or don't know, you can try calling the VA at Providence location (401-223-3700) Ask them to look up your case. Tell the lady (who is quite the pistol) that your PEBLO didn't know the answer and recommended calling them. They will ask for your information and should be able to give you specific dates if they have them.

I ran into the same issue just earlier this week so hopefully this info helps you. If you haven't heard anything back by now, my guess is you have been found UNFIT and it is with the VA now.

Godspeed!

Thanks for the info. I actually have a very good relationship with my PEBLO and she has been wonderful. She has actually been checking for the IPEB determination for me everyday since the 15 day mark. Luckily for me she insists that I can contact her anytime to check. This whole process though for me has been longer than it should have been. My original PEBLO decided to not accept her new contract which caused a delay in my package after my C&P exams that were completed in April with the last one being completed on May 6th. Like you I was originally put on Code 37 in December. NARSUM took forever as well. PEBLO had issues with Doctors completing their portions of the NARSUM in a timely manner.

Thanks for the info. I actually have a very good relationship with my PEBLO and she has been wonderful. She has actually been checking for the IPEB determination for me everyday since the 15 day mark. Luckily for me she insists that I can contact her anytime to check. This whole process though for me has been longer than it should have been. My original PEBLO decided to not accept her new contract which caused a delay in my package after my C&P exams that were completed in April with the last one being completed on May 6th. Like you I was originally put on Code 37 in December. NARSUM took forever as well. PEBLO had issues with Doctors completing their portions of the NARSUM in a timely manner.

My IPEB unfit rating took 12 days to happen based on the date the VA received the package. My bet is yours is pretty close as well. I would call that number and see what she says.

Update. My package was received by the VA on 20 Jul so it only took 2 days to make an unfit determination. They forgot to update the system that would allow my PEBLO to see that it had been sent to the VA.

Just curious if you were pushing for an unfit finding and if the recommendations were for an unfit? I’m pushing for a fit finding and all the recommendations support it, but am wondering what they will ultimately decide. Basically have psoriasis/psoriatic arthritis and started humira at the end of March.

Just curious if you were pushing for an unfit finding and if the recommendations were for an unfit? I’m pushing for a fit finding and all the recommendations support it, but am wondering what they will ultimately decide. Basically have psoriasis/psoriatic arthritis and started humira at the end of March.
My Commander recommended retain but I requested my rheumatologist write the NARSUM in favor of being separated/retired. I haven’t been able to take a PT test in almost 3 years so there really wasn’t any reason to keep me in.