pt test tomorrow

mr pig

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
PCM doesn't have me on any profile for my back despite 5 months of physical therapy and meds prescribed to me for pain. I can't run at all and sit ups are not happening--still--no profile. Severe panic attacks around people --accommodations were made from previous 1st sgt but not under new one. To top it all off I found out my work hours are INcreasing (how...).

Wish me luck tomorrow because it's not going to be pretty. Hope everyone else is doing better than me lately.

I wouldn't sign that form prior to the test without checking the box that states you are injured and cannot perform the test.

Don't I need to be on a profile for me to sign that though? I'm air force by the way and I don't see anything on the form for me to sign saying I have a current injury. Only one stating the Fitness assessment gave me one. I could be wrong though.

The fact that you're being put up for a full MEB means you should have a profile on file, to me. Have you just not received it yet? If it's not too late I would talk with your PEBLO. Once they recommended a full MEB on me they issued me a profile soon after.

my meb is for MH stuff ,so I don't know if they will consider if for PT. My pcm just won't put anything in for my back.

Don't I need to be on a profile for me to sign that though? I'm air force by the way and I don't see anything on the form for me to sign saying I have a current injury. Only one stating the Fitness assessment gave me one. I could be wrong though.

Answer yes to this question
"Other medical problems, not already addressed in an AF Form 469, that may prevent you from safely participating in this test or achieving a satisfactory score."

If you say yes then the test is supposed to be stopped and then you will be evaluated at the clinic for the condition that isn't listed on your 469. It is really best to not get to this point, but given your situation this would be better than trying to do the test and then failing. Option 2 would be to try to do the test and then if your condition flairs up stop the test immediately. It is imperative that you tell them either before the test or during the test that you are injured. If you complete the test with a failure then it is up to your commander to override the fail.

Answer yes to this question
"Other medical problems, not already addressed in an AF Form 469, that may prevent you from safely participating in this test or achieving a satisfactory score."

If you say yes then the test is supposed to be stopped and then you will be evaluated at the clinic for the condition that isn't listed on your 469. It is really best to not get to this point, but given your situation this would be better than trying to do the test and then failing. Option 2 would be to try to do the test and then if your condition flairs up stop the test immediately. It is imperative that you tell them either before the test or during the test that you are injured. If you complete the test with a failure then it is up to your commander to override the fail.

Thank you. I ended up taking the fail but was reassured it would be fine with my commander. There is a bit more to this, but I hope my faith in my command doesn't bite me in the ass.