PTSD and TBI rated together?

Thank you guys. We are still working with the docs and lawyers getting the VARR for PTSD/TBI increase. Everyone says it all looks good and we have plenty of evidence. Also moving along with OJAG on the PTSD/TBI being rated as not combat related.

One last question. It really surprised myself and others that he came back 100% VA and not 100% P&T. His rating add up to 100% in va math even without the PTSD/TBI just all his ortho/ joint issues, etc are 100% by themselves. Is there anyway to ask for the P&T reconsideration now or do we have to wait until he is actually retired? Thanks so much.
Good deal; it's pleasing to read that your husband's DoD IDES case file is potentially moving in a positive directly! :cool:

In reference to a DoVA rating increase for a 100% P&T determination now, in retrospect, I requested a P&T rating via the VARR submittal when I was in the DoD IDES process. As such, the assigned VSR at the DoVA D-RAS initiated the development for IU and completed a deferral. The VSR stated "if development is not complete by the time the SM is discharged establish EP 020 and forward to ROJ." But fortunately, the assigned RVSR reviewed my IDES case then stated "do not defer IU per VBA Ltr 20-13-07."

Unfortunately, there wasn't any additional follow-on action performed for a 100% P&T rating by the DoVA D-RAS during the adjudication of my VA official ratings at that particular point in time. At least, my personal goal to initiated situational awareness to the DoVA D-RAS about my intent for a DoVA 100% P&T rating was successfully achieved. To that extent, it resulted in the development processing of a DoVA TDIU without deferment claim via the DoD IDES process while still on active duty in the U.S. military.

With that all said, via DoD IDES personal experiences, I would tend to believe that requesting a DoVA rating increase for a 100% P&T determination is definitely feasible. But, whether the DoVA D-RAS shall consider and/or process the DoVA rating increase request for a 100% P&T during the adjudication of the DoVA official ratings remain questionable at any point; at least in my opinion.

Indeed, please take care and I hope for much success for favorable outcomes while in the DoD IDES process!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

My husband just got his ratings. They combined the PTSD and TBI. 50% Basically every TBI residual is stated to be caused by PTSD and not able to rated separately. TBI is already diagnosed. They are just rated it with PTSD and gave it a single rating. Anyone have any luck here getting them separated? Thanks
It is there protocol to them together. I did get my TBI Central Vertigo separated and now did a reconsideration with new evidence my memory through objective testing is TBI and everyone knows visual special issues should be TBI (ie. getting lost although using GPS is 40% and using GPS successfully is 10. If he has TBI records stating his facits areTBI specific residuals he should appeal for reconsideration through a VSO. A private memory physician separated mine as well as the TBI clinc. So we will see how this appeal goes,

It is there protocol to them together. I did get my TBI Central Vertigo separated and now did a reconsideration with new evidence my memory through objective testing is TBI and everyone knows visual special issues should be TBI (ie. getting lost although using GPS is 40% and using GPS successfully is 10. If he has TBI records stating his facits areTBI specific residuals he should appeal for reconsideration through a VSO. A private memory physician separated mine as well as the TBI clinc. So we will see how this appeal goes,

Thank you. Yes, we will be looking to add at least vestibular and migraines as separate conditions but that can wait until he is retired. His current military neurologist did fill out his own DBQ's for all those conditions separately and we will submit them and see how it goes. He also has memory issues. Good luck to you too!

It's possible to get separate ratings for TBI and PTSD...but you have to basically plead your case and allow them to differentiate between the two. I would suggest closely looking at the rating schedules for both and telling your husband to review each list to see what symptoms he has and go to his PCM or VA primary to each the difference. I am rated 10% for TBI and 30% PTSD when I was med boarded in 2014.

Yeah, I have 10% for tbi (lost a lot of my math skills and have trouble forming words occasionally so... i can almost pass for normal intellect in some areas) and 70% ptsd... significant social deficits, anxiety, depression, sleep problems... it sucks. Now my driveway is a stressor because of some ass... I was already close to being a shut in...