Question about pay

Fallout89

Registered Member
Attached is my VA letter. I was medically retired on Dec 6th 2019 and haven’t received pay yet. My question is how much should I be expecting with my first check? Will it be pack paid from Dec 7th? Should I be expecting payment on the first of feb? Any help would be appreciated. Oh and what does P&T really mean. I was told that it means my rating can’t be lowered is this true?

Attachments

• 587C3D25-9541-4F66-8C3F-614E08CEE0A9.jpeg
    587C3D25-9541-4F66-8C3F-614E08CEE0A9.jpeg
    91.7 KB · Views: 24
Attached is my VA letter. I was medically retired on Dec 6th 2019 and haven’t received pay yet. My question is how much should I be expecting with my first check? Will it be pack paid from Dec 7th? Should I be expecting payment on the first of feb? Any help would be appreciated. Oh and what does P&T really mean. I was told that it means my rating can’t be lowered is this true?
Your first accrual of VA compensation will be for 1-31 January 2020 and it should be paid on/about 31 January 2020 since 1 February is on a weekend.

Ron

VA compensation:

"Month After Law"

Ref:
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/38/5111

"... payment of monetary benefits based on an award or an increased award of compensation, dependency and indemnity compensation, or pension may not be made to an individual for any period before the first day of the calendar month following the month in which the award or increased award became effective as provided under section 5110 of this title or such other provision of law."

Ron