Question- Anyone Ever Had Any Luck w/ US DVA-VBA Getting A Rating Diagnosis Changed And If So How?????

Former MiTT Team Leader

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Question, hopefully Super Moderator, or any veteran out there been able to accomplish this "Mission Impossible Task" - "has anyone had any success in getting a VBA rating diagnosis changed, and if so how?"

Know veterans whom, their US VBA treatment team and other's disagree with not necessarily rating percentage, but diagnosis given by a C&P Examiner say eons ago as not being accurate by any means, say for example (pick one) schizo-effective disorder, and no matter what the veteran or VA MH treatment team,etc... says or does cannot get the mighty US VBA- not VHA to change the diagnosis- to the more accurate one of say, for example only, PTSD/Depression/Anxiety etc.... !

It is funny, in Gulf Coast VA/VISN16 System, have US DVA Benefits Reps, whom as retired NCOs (?), have worked VA very long time, and simply claim they, themselves, after say decades working US DVA have no means of contacting anyone at any of the multiple Regional VBA Offices in their region (MS, AL, FL).... simply yet another thing that would make any prudent person say..hummph- perhaps.(???).... so assistance from US DVA Benefits Reps. on this issue not really viable (at least Gulf Coast VA/VISN16).....think pretty much for anyone- once again could be wrong?

Additionally, even C&P Examiners, themselves, have called into question stated rating diagnosis and yet VBA changes nothing......?????

Then, writing US elected representatives on same subject does little to no good.....???????

Finally, even some US DVA attorney's claim this is simply impossible to achieve.......i.e. one simply cannot get there from here??????

This is a major issue, as when one ends up say in front of a civil judge and or even in the VHA MH Ward- they all, instead of most recent treatment notes, talking to assigned providers-if they even attempt to do so(?); simply state well Sir/Ma'am you are rated by US VBA as schizo-effective so that is what in "reality" you simply are.......?????

Now throw in another, hypothetical wrinkle, said veteran perhaps is actually medically retired US Military for diagnosis, most VA providers, etc...actually agree with.....odd, is it not- but can in fact occur?????

Now from many perspectives, not only civil and legal, hopefully one can see the issue or "pickle" this might cause a said hypothetical veteran on a host of issues - hopefully......like having the incorrect medications forced down their throat, as one mere simple example..........

Thanks, and welcome any feedback anyone who has accomplished this seemingly impossible task...or knows correct steps, beyond those listed above, to take to make something like this occur the mighty US VBA, etc......???

gsfowler

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
It's a little difficult to understand exactly what you are asking above, hopefully I am correct in my interpretation?

Is is possible to have a diagnosis code changed from (example: schizo-affective disorder) to something else (example: PTSD/Depression/Anxiety)?

If that is the question, the answer is yes, it happens all of the time. There is only one correct step, and that is asking for the diagnosis to be reevaluated. Once you have taken that step, there is no prediction how it can go from there.

Former MiTT Team Leader

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
If that is the question, the answer is yes, it happens all of the time. There is only one correct step, and that is asking for the diagnosis to be reevaluated. Once you have taken that step, there is no prediction how it can go from there.
Below- per original question above- GSFowler and thanks for replying...much appreciated...

Additionally, even C&P Examiners, themselves, have called into question stated rating diagnosis and yet VBA changes nothing......?????
It should have supposedly already taken place long ago.... why should I, or any other veteran, let them yet again re-evaluate me or them again....might as well simply and not seriously, but figuratively "shoot myself in the foot" when it comes to US VBA and C&P Examiners then reviewed by "less than helpful" Regional Office Evaluation Personnel armed with Spread-Sheets, etc.... as per a Federal Law Maker, supposedly, "not qualified pass one sheet of paper from one desk to the next"????????

So unless some other means, to correct, what should have already taken place- please advise GSFowler......????? Otherwise thank you greatly for your response!

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">