Question for those with sleep apnea/oxygen at night

bpreachers

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
My doctor has me on night-time oxygen (not a cpap) pending a sleep study which will likely happen next month. My oxygen machine is a rental, costs me 29 a month (billed at 500 but costs 29 with tricare negotiated price and what standard covers). Is it standard to rent these items instead of owning them? Do you rent your CPAP instead of own? The only other piece of medical equipment like this I have had was a bone stimulator which I owned so I am just wondering what is standard with this. Thanks.

Usually you "own" the CPAP. The other thing to consider is getting it through the VA - it looks like you are over 50% so they should provide it gratis. With oxygen, if its added through tanks or concentrator, those may be rented. Bob

Usually you "own" the CPAP. The other thing to consider is getting it through the VA - it looks like you are over 50% so they should provide it gratis. With oxygen, if its added through tanks or concentrator, those may be rented. Bob
Yeah I am renting a concentrator currently pending the sleep study. As to the VA covering it I have to get the VA to accept it as service connected first. Hopefully that works out as I had a sleep study while on active duty that showed hypersomnia and som apnea events (just not enough for a CPAP at the time).