Question in regards to Diagnoses Major Depression / Anxiety

jamesrider22

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I have been dealing with depression and anxiety on my own for years and had just recently gotten help due to developing suicidal ideation, I checked myself into the hospital and was kept in the behavioral health unit for a week. I was diagnosed with major depression with suicidal ideation with recurrent episode as well as anxiety. My command set up a command referred behavior health appointment for a psych evaluation on the 15. I am anxious about the whole process and am wondering if I will get med boarded or referred to a med board. I could use some insight from someone that may have been gone through the same thing.

Is this the first time you've been to behavorial health? As bad as I hate to say it it may hurt you a bit for waiting so long. It's a process trying to get a meb. I dont know much but I can help you with how mine has gone. Man I hope you the best. And please dont go that route broski. You have family that loves you. I know how you feel I my self have been through major depression and anxiety and still have it. I know it's hard but get out. Do stuff. Get your mind off it and enjoy life. If your not into religion I reccomend you get to know god. Also ask your therapist about cogenantive behavorial health. Hang in there. Get out. Laugh a bit. Get out enjoy the beautiful earth we live in. And watch your diet. It help me as well. Sorry for the big story. But t I just know how you feel dude. It's hell on earth that someone that dont have what we have dont understand.

Is this the first time you've been to behavorial health? As bad as I hate to say it it may hurt you a bit for waiting so long. It's a process trying to get a meb. I dont know much but I can help you with how mine has gone. Man I hope you the best. And please dont go that route broski. You have family that loves you. I know how you feel I my self have been through major depression and anxiety and still have it. I know it's hard but get out. Do stuff. Get your mind off it and enjoy life. If your not into religion I reccomend you get to know god. Also ask your therapist about cogenantive behavorial health. Hang in there. Get out. Laugh a bit. Get out enjoy the beautiful earth we live in. And watch your diet. It help me as well. Sorry for the big story. But t I just know how you feel dude. It's hell on earth that someone that dont have what we have dont understand.[/QUOTE

May hurt me a bit for waiting so long? How has yours gone, was it for a similar condition?

Well mainly because it is such a long process. And to them, not trying to sound like a jerk but, if it was that bad why did you wait so along. At first they thought i was faking, then they seen how i was and realized i wasnt faking it. That's what they did to me. Im in the army. And they go through a long huge gamut of treatment. And can take up to a year depending on severity. They will try group therapy, one one ones, acupuncture, and of course meds(ive been through over 5 kinds), they will send you to all sorts of other classes, may do a sleep study or two, and have you try a different diet. They also tried hospitalizing me but i couldnt take being away from my family. They had me do the essential oil machine thing. All sorts of stuff, natural and medecine. I believe this was all they tried for me. Which I also have back problems, my back dr said he's putting in request for meb and advised I should go back for ebh. So i went back then he put in a request as well. Did a follow up with pcm and she started it cause I had two notes from two different drs saying I should get meb. I was going for close to a year may be a little more, got better for about a month then it slammed me again. Went back. Now im waiting for my ratings and my no later than date. Hope this helps. Hang in there. It can and will get better. Keep fighting the good fight. Oh and always, I repeat always let them know how it negatively affects your work amd personal life. They want to hear that.

Last edited:
I think before you worry about a MEB, focus on treatment. A MEB may come, but in many cases people get better and get on with the life (and career).