Question Regarding Dual Processing Misconduct and Medical Separation

This is not that unusual. You have described the situation correctly. The med sep and admin sep actions run parallel. A final decision is not made on either until both processes are complete and then it goes to the Secretary or delegee to determine which separation will be approved. It really depends on the misconduct, but anecdotal evidence indicates a preference for medical separation.
I know this is a shot in the dark after 3 years but I am going through this process now too. However, I already have a message to separate, but the legal assistant at my command said I will be held until my ADSEP process finishes. From the legal assistance practice advisory 3-16, I'm seeing that with a GEN or above characterization, the DES runs until it is complete, but I have not found anything on where it is stated that the separation authority has to be involved in both. Do you have the instruction stating in which cases are prone to both processes running complete? Thanks

I know this is a shot in the dark after 3 years but I am going through this process now too. However, I already have a message to separate, but the legal assistant at my command said I will be held until my ADSEP process finishes. From the legal assistance practice advisory 3-16, I'm seeing that with a GEN or above characterization, the DES runs until it is complete, but I have not found anything on where it is stated that the separation authority has to be involved in both. Do you have the instruction stating in which cases are prone to both processes running complete? Thanks