Questions about terminal leave

CTX13

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I'm trying to figure out who approves my terminal leave upon completion of the IDES process. I've been having issues with my leadership and fear that they will deny me the opportunity to take leave at all.

My Battalion commander has a serious hard on about me for whatever reason and recently denied me the opportunity to participate in a CSP program because I'm not an "honorable" NCO. (no I haven't had an ar15, not flagged, etc.)

I'm really just confused about what the rest of the process looks like for me and am concerned about my ability to provide for my family as it seems every attempt I make to better myself gets shot down by my leadership.

I believe con leave approved at the lowest level is your commander. I know that is who can approve PTDY for house hunting also, which you should also seek to get approved.

I'm not sure if this is just my battalion SOP but in my BN all pcs and terminal leave has to be signed by the BC. However, I've been told by others who have gone through the ides process that their leave was approve by their PEBLO

Per DoD:

Transition leave, etc., LINK <----

Army Leave, HRC leave info <---LINK

Army: "O-5 or O-6 level commander may grant up to 10 days of PTDY. The maximum time authorized for PTDY is 10 days."

The army regulation for leaves and passes is AR 600-8-10 LINK<----

AR 600-8-10 says regarding transition leave:
Section XI
Task: Using Transition Leave
4–21. Rules used to request transition leave
a. Transition leave (formerly called terminal leave) is a chargeable leave granted together with transition from the
Service, including retirement.
b. The unit commander or designee is the approval authority for transition leave requests.
c. Leave will not be granted if it exceeds that accrued or to be accrued between the date of approval and date of
transition. (See para 5–15 and para 5–33 for exceptions.)

Note:
5–15. Rules to request excess leave
5–33. Rules to use permissive temporary duty

Ron

Oh great so I will likely not be approved for transition leave. Wonderful.

Oh great so I will likely not be approved for transition leave. Wonderful.
The leave approval authority in most cases is the company commander (usually a Captain/O3).

Army permissive TDY (which is not transition leave) = O-5 or O-6 level commander may grant up to 10 days of PTDY

The army regulation for leaves and passes is AR 600-8-10 LINK<---- This regulation applies to commanders as well as enlisted personnel and other officers.

Ron

Thanks for the replies. At the end of the day all I can do is request my leave and hope it gets approved