script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js">

questions regarding "phase 2"/ unfit memo

Cleared.data

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
ok so im in a debate with a buddy of mine. He swears up and down after your unfit memo and your "phase 2" (after your exams) that your unit cant make you do shit such as work..pt blah blah blah. He med boarded about a year ago and is saying that everyone at campbell(doc, peblo, legal) told him it was in the regulations. I have been told everything is quite different from what he said. Ive been told i can do anything that isnt against my profile. I've looked up the regs myself and haven't been able to find anything that supports what either of us have said. I have talked to my peblo and my doc and they both said the same thing ive been told.

whos right?

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Your buddy is dispensing dangerous advice. Even retirees are subject to the UCMJ!

Cleared.data

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
He's just going off of what he was told..it worked for him too lol. I'm trying to see if there's a reg about it..no he said she said but black and white

gsfowler

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
ok so im in a debate with a buddy of mine. He swears up and down after your unfit memo and your "phase 2" (after your exams) that your unit cant make you do shit such as work..pt blah blah blah. He med boarded about a year ago and is saying that everyone at campbell(doc, peblo, legal) told him it was in the regulations. I have been told everything is quite different from what he said. Ive been told i can do anything that isnt against my profile. I've looked up the regs myself and haven't been able to find anything that supports what either of us have said. I have talked to my peblo and my doc and they both said the same thing ive been told.

whos right?

Any good leader will not ask a service member to perform a duty that falls outside the limits of their profile.

Any good subordinate will carry a copy of their profile at all times and respectfully notify their leader if they are being asked to perform a duty that may cause them physical harm.

With that being said, there is no regulation that states that your "unit cant make you do shit such as work...pt blah blah blah".

If you take that attitude up you may find yourself on the wrong side of the law and facing punishment. The Army has a regulation for any and everything related to a MEB, I suppose each of the other branches do too as well.

http://www.wct.army.mil/documents/policies.html

Read AR 40-58